Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups

Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups

Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups Guitar Pickups

Join Strat-Talk Today

What are your favorite strings for Strat?

Discussion in 'Stratocaster Discussion Forum' started by Bighump, Oct 11, 2018.

1. Scimmy

Scimmy Strat-Talker

Jun 3, 2016
    Sunderland UK
    Interesting that of all the comments so far, only three people use Fender strings!

Is that because of price?

cspencer likes this.
  2. I tried them once. They sounded too dull to me so I never bothered with them again.

3. Theus

Theus Strat-Talk Member

Jan 30, 2018
    Germany
    For vintage playing, blues stuff ect. i like pyramid classics pure nickel the most.they have a round core and last a long a time because of this...+ they are cheap here in Germany. GHS boomers come also with round core and i like them too but i found they dont last that long. For more output and higher gain d addario nyxl do a good job... It always depends what you play and also about the characteristics of your Guitar.

4. Sonic Les

Sonic Les Strat-Talk Member

Oct 7, 2018
    Hartlepool UK
    EEK , I must like vintage strings as my 79 MIJ LP copy has 3 original strings still on it . 2006 Jackson DKMG original strings . 2005 Gibson SG special original strings . 2017 USA Special strat original strings . I did treat my Yamy SG 300 to a new set of cheep elixier in 2017 . Haven played live since 2005 so don't see the need .
    To the original poster try a fret and nut dress or change the neck to a vintage type .

5. Dadzmad

Dadzmad Strat-Talk Member

Nov 20, 2014
    Wisconsin USA
    I've got a 2000 MIM Standard. I like to use Rotosound Monel Flatwound 12's.

6. spizike231

spizike231 Strat-Talker

Feb 9, 2017
    California
    No cause my NYXL’s are more expensive.. but are easier to find on a consistent basis around me.

I also feel like NYXL’s last longer than Fender Super Bullets.

7. F-Zero

F-Zero Strat-Talk Member

Apr 22, 2018
    Croatia
    My two Strats are exclusively equipped with Fender Bullets. My Elite with 09-42 and CAR with 08-46 YM. I really like the tension and feel of the Bullets.
    WP_20181022_10_59_03_Pro.jpg

cspencer likes this.
  8. cspencer

cspencer Strat-Talker

Dec 10, 2016
    No where
    I just saw this thread and was wondering too. I dropped EB years ago.

9. cspencer

cspencer Strat-Talker

Dec 10, 2016
    No where
    I like bullets too. I wonder if they're slightly better made, compared to ball ends. The bullet strings seem to be less curly when you take them out of the sleeve - maybe it's my imagination :(

10. owenmoney

owenmoney Strat-Talker

Jun 21, 2013
    Green Lane Pa
  11. 3bolt79

3bolt79 Strat-Talker

Oct 16, 2018
    Tacoma in two weeks
    I used to use D'Addario XL110, but now I'm rather liking the Ernie Ball pure nickel 10-46.

12. Nerd

Nerd Strat-Talk Member

Apr 7, 2014
    Reading, UK
    Update to this. I had a chat with George from DAddario's customer service about EXL110BT's not being available in bulks and from word to word I have NYXL 10-46 Balanced Tensions on the way from him to try out. Lets see what so special about them. Thumb up for great customer service, though

Bighump and StratEdgy like this.
  13. Davey77

Davey77 Strat-O-Master Strat-Talk Supporter

Apr 29, 2014
    Monroe WA
    9-42's for decades, some lighter sets on a few Strats, 7-8's I like the 9-46's on my Tele though.

14. lammie200

lammie200 Strat-O-Master

Apr 25, 2016
    San Francisco
    TI Jazz flat 11's.

15. dtchaulk

dtchaulk Strat-Talker

May 26, 2015
    CA
    My favorite are Ernie Ball hybrid slinky strings. My strat has been set up for those strings tuned at half set down

16. TheOldDude

TheOldDude New Member!

Oct 26, 2018
    Michigan
    I've keep coming back to EB Hybrid 9-46.

Bighump likes this.
  17. Stark

Stark Ghost of Johnny Thunders Strat-Talk Supporter

Jul 16, 2011
    Richmond Annex, CA
    Starving Musician Psycho Wires 9-42. The set includes an .011 B, which is just a bit too small, so I toss it and use an .012 in its place. I keep the action as low as possible.

C8755C31-4AD0-4001-BE0A-FEBF154095CF.jpeg

Bighump likes this.
  18. NewStrings

NewStrings Strat-Talk Member Strat-Talk Supporter

Oct 25, 2014
    Summerside, PEI Canada
    Well, I've tried pretty much every string mentioned in the first 5 pages of this tread and let me say, they are all good strings. I really don't think string manufacturers are making any dogs out there! That said, it really comes down to personal preference, playing style and technique and what turns your crank. There is one string brand that I gravitate more so than others, LaBella. And in particular, this one:
    [​IMG]

Bighump likes this.
  19. Will Lefeurve

Will Lefeurve Senior Stratmaster

Mar 1, 2016
    England & France
    Unbranded.. off Fleabay £1.99 a packet from somewhere in China.. nickel 46-10's

They last forever, don't sound jangly, (I don't like jangly on electric guitar) can't ask for more really. They do what they say on the string.. :)

A couple of months ago I gave a mate of mine a packet to try. He's absolutely delighted, and this guy is someone I'd call an absolutely superb player. Ex pro session man, and probably (in my eyes) the best guitarist I've ever seen and heard, and that includes all the 'well known's'. What's in a name eh!.. ;):D

Bighump likes this.
  20. Bighump

Bighump Strat-Talk Member

Aug 1, 2017
    Louisiana
    Thanks for sharing man

StratEdgy likes this.