Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups

Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups

Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups Guitar Pickups

Join Strat-Talk Today

What are your favorite strings for Strat?

Discussion in 'Stratocaster Discussion Forum' started by Bighump, Oct 11, 2018.

1. Stratoman10

Stratoman10 Most Honored Senior Member Strat-Talk Supporter

Aug 24, 2015
    Va. Beach, Va
    Oops didnt realize this was an old thread. But I haven't changed

Ernie Ball Siper Slinky on all my guitars. They are consistent, dont break, priced right, feel right and best of all they're still individually packed. No separating them and worrying about getting them in the proper spot. Just open and go low e to high e

Biddlin likes this.
  2. Biddlin

Biddlin Senior Stratmaster

Feb 11, 2013
    USA
    Buff the burs off of the saddles.

3. Biddlin

Biddlin Senior Stratmaster

Feb 11, 2013
    USA
    Didn't know Dolce and Gabbana made strings. Probably expensive, but I like their shoes. I have a pair of Portofinos and even though they cost more than my first car, I love 'em. [​IMG]

T Guitar Floyd likes this.
  4. T Guitar Floyd

T Guitar Floyd Senior Stratmaster

Oct 27, 2014
    Arizona
    :eek: LOL! :D

5. Bowmap

Bowmap Senior Stratmaster - Really? Gold Member

Dec 23, 2017
    Where?
    "Fender brand because a Strat is a Fender. Put any other brand strings on it and it is no longer a Strat."

OH MY GOSH.... My BMW is no longer a BMW! I put Michelins on it instead of Conti.

6. Brian J.

Brian J. New Member!

Feb 16, 2013
    pennsylvania
    DR pure nickel blues 11-50

7. CyFan4036

CyFan4036 Strat-Talker

Mar 22, 2018
    Iowa
    GHS Boomers and DR Pure Blues are my go-to strings...10’s for now but I’m thinking of trying a set of 11’s...just because I never have.

8. CyFan4036

CyFan4036 Strat-Talker

Mar 22, 2018
    Iowa
    Yep, the very definition of a partscaster. :rolleyes:

9. Andrew Wasson

Andrew Wasson Strat-Talker

Nov 6, 2018
    Vancouver, Canada
    Boomers! I used to play those in the 80’s and 90’s. I should try those again.

Last night I was at a jam session and my high e string started to unravel so after the jam, I dug into my parts drawer to get my old strings. Low and behold, I still have old strings in GHS envelopes. Today I’m all about Ernie Ball Hybrids but I’ve got lots of old used strings in vintage EB regular slinky envelopes, DAddario’s and of course the GHS. For some reason not a lot of high E’s and B’s but I’ve got an awful lot of low E’s that look pretty brand new in the 52 gauge.

CyFan4036 likes this.
  10. Mr Hockey

Mr Hockey Strat-Talker

Aug 20, 2014
    Kennesaw , GA
    D'Adario 10 gauge.

11. ChrisD

ChrisD Strat-Talker

Oct 22, 2011
    Ireland
    D'addario 10-46. I can honestly say I've not had a string break in years. Not saying it's because of these strings but I'm not changing brand to find out. I used to have quite a few breaks when I used Ernie Balls.

12. Stratbats

Stratbats Strat-O-Master

Feb 16, 2018
    WV
    I use D'Addario Nickel Wound XL super light top/regular bottom, 9's. On all my other electrics I used 10s. When I started playing seriously SRV was the man & I used 12s... One of my students was showing me his new MIM Strat a few years back and of course it had 9s on it so I went to 9s & am happy.

Last edited: Dec 9, 2018
  13. ChrisD

ChrisD Strat-Talker

Oct 22, 2011
    Ireland
    When I jumped from 9's to 10's I felt little difference. When in later years I tried going from 10's to 11's my hands started to wither instantly and I descended into eternal misery. 10's are my happy place!

14. Andrew Wasson

Andrew Wasson Strat-Talker

Nov 6, 2018
    Vancouver, Canada
    I switched to D’addario’s in the late 90’s on a guitar with a tune-a-matic bridge. I always seemed to break strings on that guitar until I switched to D'Addario’s. I never really gave it a lot of thought back then but I’ll bet that was a direct result of switching to them.

This year I switched all of my guitars to Ernie Ball strings. They seem to have more snap and sparkle to them. Hybrid Slinky for Strat and Telecasters and heavy bottom, light top for the tune-a-matic outfitted guitars. The only casualty so far is that high e string unravelling at the ball end on my Strat but I’ve had the strings off the tuners a couple of times on that guitar so that I could mess with the wiring and I’m sure that contributed to the problem.

15. CephasG

CephasG Strat-O-Master

Dec 13, 2017
    Land of Lincoln
    I just switched from super bullets 09-42 to 09-46. It's been a while since I changed gauges but I like it so far,.

16. Mech

Mech Strat-O-Master

Jul 12, 2009
    ALX
    Been bangin' on 11's for a minute. Decided to try the D'addario's 10-45 (EPN110). I think these will take me into the sunset...:thumb:

17. Kayden33

Kayden33 Strat-Talker

Apr 23, 2017
    Knoxville, TN
    Tried many of strings but I keep coming back to those listed below which for electric is D’Addario NYXL. And D’Addario EXL strings are also great. Elixir Phosphor Bronze Light on my Taylor. From time to time I will experiment.

D’Addario NYXL 10-46 on my:

Fender Strats, Reverend models, Ibanez

D’Aaddario NYXL 11-50 Balanced Tension on my:

Fender Jaguar, Fender Jazzmaster and Fender Duo Sonic

Elixir Phosphor Bronze Light on my:

Taylor 814CE