Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups

Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups Guitar Pickups

Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups Guitar Pickups

Join Strat-Talk Today

What do you reckon this is worth?

Discussion in 'The Effect effect' started by Lonn, Dec 12, 2017.

1. Boppy

Boppy Strat-Talker

May 29, 2011
    Toronto
    I've been using an RV-600 live for around six years now--no problems, and it doesn't have the daisy-chain issues (or weight) of the Line6 Verbzilla it's copied from.

Katana is definitely a great bedroom-amp though, if that was your point...

Last edited: Dec 20, 2017

2. Stratoskater

Stratoskater Senior Stratmaster

Feb 8, 2011
    Raleigh NC
    Oh you mean like a Joyo :D

fezz parka likes this.

3. jaybones

jaybones Most Honored Senior Member Strat-Talk Supporter

;)

4. simoncroft

simoncroft Dr. Stratster Strat-Talk Supporter

May 30, 2013
    SE England
    There was a company back in the 1980s. Forget the name. Anyway, it was apparently founded by this German sound engineer, who was also a great designer of pro audio equipment. The first product was some kind of rack-mount studio 'Exciter', and it was apparently better than the original made by Aphex. Due to some weird administrative error, the early models shipped with a photocopied manual that had some instances of the word 'Aphex' remaining. I can only imagine their 'knock off' Tipex wasn't much better than their audio product.

On a totally unrelated matter, try Googling 'Behringer infringement'.

5. fezz parka

fezz parka Off.... Strat-Talk Supporter

Apr 21, 2011
    Undisclosed.
    Sued by Aphex, Peavey. Mackie. Roland...

Freinds don't let friends buy Behringer. :)

6. CigBurn

CigBurn Most Honored Senior Member Strat-Talk Supporter

Jun 22, 2014
    Same Shed Different Day
    That's exactly how I tell my kids they were made! :D

Staypuft1652 and fezz parka like this.

7. Spiffums

Spiffums Strat-Talker

Nov 2, 2015
    Tennessee
    It's not unskilled if you've read every issue of JP magazine!!!! :D

8. fezz parka

fezz parka Off.... Strat-Talk Supporter

Apr 21, 2011
    Undisclosed.
    In China, they make counterfeit Jeeps. Look like Jeeps, even say Jeep on them . They're not Jeeps.

And it was an analogy, not a commentary on Jeeps or after market parts or whatever.per se.

Reverse engineered stuff, IMO, is theft. Uli Behringer is a thief. His products are worthless to me. :)

simoncroft likes this.

9. simoncroft

simoncroft Dr. Stratster Strat-Talk Supporter

May 30, 2013
    SE England
    Stealing the design of a product at reverse-engineering level is theft!

The R&D the original manufacturer put into creating that design can be a massive cost, to the extent that I've seen companies go bust because they underestimated the complexity of the product they were attempting to develop. If another company comes along and just rips-off every single detail without paying for the R&D, they can undercut the original manufacturer. Some people will buy the cloned product instead of the original, thereby trashing the original manufacturer's revenue assumptions and making it harder for them to invest in future product innovation.

But reverse-engineered products will hurt you in more direct ways.

Firstly, the build quality is often very poor. I can tell you as fact, the failure rate of products sold by reverse-engineering manufacturers is high. Sometimes ridiculously high.*

This means you, the end user, will often attempt to return your item to where you bought it. In turn, this means the seller might actually make a loss when they could have made a profit selling a better quality product from a legitimate manufacturer. Alas, if it fails somewhere down the line, you may not be able to return it. Then, the loss is all yours.

We all like to believe in a bargain, but when a product is cheap, well that's probably because it's cheap.

*There is also the problem that companies who reverse-engineer have no real understanding of the product they clone, and do not have the ability – or desire – to train engineers in your territory how to solve any issues you might have.

Last edited: Dec 28, 2017
    playit, fezz parka and Stratoman10 like this.

10. playit

playit Strat-O-Master

Jul 14, 2014
    Germany
    And, added, the bypass is not the best ... I tried the signal loss with an fx looper and with two of the behringer clones I could hear the difference .. a loss in directness and treble ..
    If you have six or eight between guitar and amp it will sound NOT better in bypass.
    And with one or two engaged they will still get the poor signal.

11. altar

altar Strat-Talker

Oct 4, 2016
    USA
    I got one of their overdrive pedals brand new for $9.99 with free shipping from Musician's Friend, it's not a bad sounding pedal. Not nearly as rugged feeling as a Boss though since it's plastic and not metal.

Staypuft1652 likes this.

12. Staypuft1652

Staypuft1652 Strat-Talk Member

Oct 23, 2017
    Bismarck, ND
    We live in great times. You can now get discontinued or expensive (or more money than you can scrounge up) pedals relatively cheap, somewhere. Just do your due diligence. Gives more people access to effects they normally may not be able to. I believe it is not quite rare for someone to buy a "clone" and then like what they hear then shell out for the original. I've heard there's only so many circuits/ways to do things. Whats worse, a direct clone, made cheaply and sold cheaply, or a slightly modified classic circuit, made with better components, but (in alot of cases) still by machine, with board mounted jacks/pots/switches but at an exorbitant price?