Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups

Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups Guitar Pickups

Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups Guitar Pickups

Join Strat-Talk Today

What happened to this forum?

Discussion in 'Sidewinders Bar & Grille' started by TSims1, Oct 11, 2018 at 8:41 AM.

1. abnormaltoy

abnormaltoy BushBaby Strat-Talk Supporter

Apr 28, 2013
    Tucson
    Very true...I might be missing some drama, just due to the threads I enter.

2. oatsoda

oatsoda Puck of Paradox Strat-Talk Supporter

Jul 10, 2011
    The Shack, Nova Scotia
    I haven't noticed, but I'm not around so much as in days of yore. About all I play out now is acoustic so more focus on that too I guess. plus, biding my time until I qualify for the 55 and over thread!

3. abnormaltoy

Apr 28, 2013
    Tucson

It's a slippery slope...you have to feel out who can take gigging and who can't...it's easier to do in person than on the web.

Bodean, mshivy, circles and 2 others like this.

4. Camitampa

Camitampa Strat-Talk Member

Sep 12, 2018
    Sarasota, Fl
    I’m rather new here too and I think that this one of the most civil forums I’ve ever joined. I have never seen the reply “doesn’t your keyboard type Google, or try search” or something like that here. People here seen nice and very helpful.

5. Mr. Lumbergh

Mr. Lumbergh needs you to go ahead and come in on Sunday, too. Strat-Talk Supporter

Jan 10, 2014
    Initech, Inc.
    George’s dad and Kramer. It was either the “manzier” or the “bro” depending on who you asked, IIRC.

Nate D, Stratoskater, nadzab and 6 others like this.

6. abnormaltoy

Apr 28, 2013
    Tucson

7. Guy Named Sue

Guy Named Sue Beer me up Scotty Strat-Talk Supporter

Feb 11, 2015
    Terra Incognito
    That's what it was! Haha

abnormaltoy likes this.

8. problem-child

problem-child Senior Stratmaster

Aug 28, 2008
    Left Coast, USA
    I signed up here a long time ago. I have always enjoyed internet forums. Over the years, this is the only one that has held my interest. I have left for months, if not years, at a time. When I return it feels like home. The only bad part is that a lot of the folk I enjoyed reading, or talking to seem to migrate away.

I remember the GC King of the Blues days here. Not all that long ago... I would hate to see you go. I think the world is just getting ugly. ST does a decent job of keeping the fantasy of civility and respect alive and functioning. Thank you ST.

In the end, it has to work for you. I hope you stick around. That goes for others too. The thing I would ask all members to consider (and I must do this as well) is that when we respond to others we can engage in conversation or we can just state opinions/facts. I think engaging in conversation is more in the spirit of ST. It is easier to just fire off opinions, but it's not as friendly.

9. simoncroft

simoncroft Dr. Stratster Strat-Talk Supporter

May 30, 2013
    SE England
    I've never been able to make an instructional video available to the public on YouTube, without someone feeling the need to post something like: "If you do that you'll warp the neck", or "Doing that robs all the sustain", as if I wouldn't notice necks kept warping on me over half a century. Some people just want to post 'something', even if it's complete rubbish.

I think you'll find if you wear your Sunday suit and walk up to the bar looking confident, you'll get served. ;)

mshivy and abnormaltoy like this.

10. tery

tery Most Honored Senior Member

Jul 31, 2014
    Tennessee
    Tony - One thing that has changed is our membership . I am guessing that there may be a 10% turnover every year ? With so old many members gone due to attrition and so many new members that you do not know it may seem like a different forum . It is mostly unchanged but it is constantly evolving daily as you can see by the answers in your thread .

abnormaltoy likes this.

11. Bera

Bera Strat-Talker

Sep 22, 2016
    Sao Paulo, Brazil
    I´m also new here. I think this place is like an oasis in the middle of a desert of intolerance and hate.

stratosdane, Bowmap, CephasG and 8 others like this.

12. felis

felis Senior Stratmaster

Nov 27, 2013
    Antwerp/Belgium
    I like it here....what...o_O...wait.....maybe OP does have a point! :whistling::D

13. Bera

Bera Strat-Talker

Sep 22, 2016
    Sao Paulo, Brazil
    And, besides, people who play guitar are now growing old... And grumpy.

Nate D, rafasounds, CephasG and 5 others like this.

14. abnormaltoy

Apr 28, 2013
    Tucson

or will get the type of attention they seek...

Nate D, mshivy, CigBurn and 1 other person like this.

15. Cerb

Cerb Senior Stratmaster

Jan 22, 2016
    Sweden
    Thanks for the mental image...

16. abnormaltoy

Apr 28, 2013
    Tucson

Those long Canadian winters can do strange things to a...man?

carver and ZlurkCorzDog like this.

17. Mr. Lumbergh

Mr. Lumbergh needs you to go ahead and come in on Sunday, too. Strat-Talk Supporter

Jan 10, 2014
    Initech, Inc.
    Is it one of those “wouldn’t want to join a club that would actually take me as a member” things?

Misery loves company...

18. bassetman

bassetman Strat-O-Master Strat-Talk Supporter

Jan 14, 2018
    Pomeroy, WA
    Yep...any innovation of any kind and BOOM....I am here now.

abnormaltoy likes this.

19. Johnny Danger

Johnny Danger Strat-O-Master

Aug 28, 2017
    Denton, TX
    [​IMG]