Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups

Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups

Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups Guitar Pickups

What happened to this forum?

Discussion in 'Sidewinders Bar & Grille' started by TSims1, Oct 11, 2018.

1. gwjensen

gwjensen Senior Stratmaster

I enjoy the drama sometimes like a reality show I wouldn't admit to liking.

2. abnormaltoy

abnormaltoy BushBaby Strat-Talk Supporter

Apr 28, 2013
    Tucson
    That seems to be inexperience...the strongest people I know are the kindest people I know. People who have been discounted, just might be the most respectful people around...because they know the other side.

3. Guy Named Sue

Guy Named Sue Beer me up Scotty Strat-Talk Supporter

Feb 11, 2015
    Terra Incognito
    Thats not half as bad as this.
    003r.jpg

Passghetti, Bowmap, Bodean and 2 others like this.
  4. Cerb

Cerb Senior Stratmaster

Jan 22, 2016
    Sweden
  5. Dare1

Dare1 Senior Stratmaster

Feb 16, 2011
    Idaho
    Hey Tony,

I know how you feel. ST definitely has a different vibe to it than it used to, but not in a bad way. I don't post as much as I used to anymore. However, this is STILL the most civil and friendly forum I've ever been on. And, I love seeing new folks join all the time. There are just a ton of people who left here that I wish would come back sometime; their comments were always filled with wisdom, comedic value, or just kind words. Malikon, Goodkat, Lua, etc.

And then there was Louis cyfer.

Anyway, I hope you stick around a little while longer, my dude. Watching your KOTB videos from back then were hugely inspirational to me, as I was just getting started.

6. joe_cpwe

joe_cpwe Senior Stratmaster

Jul 21, 2015
    USA
    Looks like I joined Strat talk almost 3.5 yrs ago. I wouldn't have guessed it's been that long. The vibe is similar as then but it is different as I guess we could only expect as members cycle in and out as availability and interest changes.

I don't think I've blocked anyone and wonder what it would take for me to do that. The train wreck is sometimes fun to watch and it seems like the jerks and trolls disappear over time as a result of their inability to have a decent relationship (likely never have one).

So, you all at Strat Talkers are OK with me. The tight reign on topics and behavior keeps things pretty well in-line. The only other forum I'm on is the Tele forum. That's a pretty cordial group, with some members overlap from here, but that forum isn't quite a loose (fun) as this forum. Between the two I can get more info than I need to know, and usually answers on questions I have, and get plenty of entertainment along the way.

Last, as has been said before, @TSims1 you're a great asset, great player and musician. Rock on.

7. TangerineDog

TangerineDog Senior Stratmaster

Sep 5, 2015
    The EU
    Similar to what @Mr. Lumbergh has described, I came here and learned the ropes from guys like him (And, to large extent, him personally. Thank you for that!) and find myself in more and more threads now when I feel I can help someone out.
    Largely by recommending my favorite set of pickups. But I'm getting there.
    I want to get there, however, and this is a certain magic this place has. You want it to work. You want to help the dumb youngsters like yourself. At least I do.

As for what needs to happen so I can block somebody? He insults me personally or he advocates child murder (Edit: that's not abortion they were talking about, mind you, it was shooting young criminal offenders in the back while they're running). Both of these things have happened. The murder thing more often than the insult thing, which has happened only twice.

But I still came back and have a good time, and that's saying something.
    With certain people out of the picture, it still works for me. Albeit with a bad taste in my mouth when I think about it.

Last edited: Oct 11, 2018
  8. Mr. Lumbergh

Mr. Lumbergh needs you to go ahead and come in on Sunday, too. Strat-Talk Supporter

Jan 10, 2014
    Initech, Inc.
    Happy to help, and to know you appreciated it.

9. CalicoSkies

CalicoSkies Senior Stratmaster

Jun 10, 2013
    Hillsboro, OR, USA
    Nate D, Guy Named Sue and abnormaltoy like this.
  10. TangerineDog

Sep 5, 2015
    The EU
    Oh, I still do - and the folks who have to listen to me noodle a tad better because of it do as well :whistling:

11. Strat Jacket

Strat Jacket Senior Stratmaster

May 11, 2018
    Illinois
    Well, for one thing, folks like @Mr. Lumbergh and @roger@pennyflic and several others are largely responsible for me forcefully spraying copious amounts of potable liquids onto my computer screens from my mouth both at home and at work (at some of the most inappropriate and inconvenient times, I might add), and even if I have nothing to say guitar-wise, I find myself drawn here for my daily cup of humor or insolence. This place is really a gas (in more ways than one, I might add) and I would probably continue to make it a daily stop even if I sold all my guitars, which would never happen, BTW.

12. fezz parka

fezz parka Duke of DILLIGAF Strat-Talk Supporter

Apr 21, 2011
    Right behind you...
    As with anything....use what is useful to you, discard the rest.

13. guitarface

guitarface Senior Stratmaster

Nov 11, 2012
    New York
    Another thing that may have changed this a little- when @Rogue Bohemian was here more frequently, I think he enforced his hippy-redneck code of peace, love and don't nobody **** with nobody and that spirit prevailed.

T Guitar Floyd and TSims1 like this.
  14. fezz parka

Apr 21, 2011
    Right behind you...
    He was one of the first people I sent to the cornfield. His tirade against Dave Evans (the Edge) and his supposed lack of talent was juvenile at best. I've worked with him (on Goldeneye) and he was hard working, pleasant, and made sounds that were unique and original. Would he fit in a Grateful Dead tribute band? No. Although I would find it interesting if he did.

15. nungesser

nungesser Whyyyyyyyyyyy can't I touch it Strat-Talk Supporter

Apr 28, 2014
    Ireland
    I really have no time for arguments on the interweb and in that respect don't really care if i get my point across or not so I suppose when I run into a thread that is getting a bit snarky I just move on and read something else
    I must say it's always great to see you here Tony and I stick around as long as there is a spirit of good will around here and do my best to perpetuate it.

ZlurkCorzDog and Strat Jacket like this.
  16. TangerineDog

Sep 5, 2015
    The EU
    Only one thing to do then - uphold his code in his absence!

I don't know him, but FOR RB!

17. guitarface

guitarface Senior Stratmaster

Nov 11, 2012
    New York
    Oh, he had some strong opinions, for sure.

I'll note, that's some excellent use of the ignore feature. I like both of you and am glad I never had to see y'all going at it.

18. fezz parka

Apr 21, 2011
    Right behind you...
    This thread is only 6 pages long for me. ;)

19. Cerb

Cerb Senior Stratmaster

Jan 22, 2016
    Sweden
    158 for me... :)

20. carver

carver The East Coast Strangler Strat-Talk Supporter

im pretty sure there are a few people that have me on ignore.

but thats ok.

not everyone will enjoy all that is carver