Warmoth.com darrenriley.com Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups

Warmoth.com darrenriley.com Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups Guitar Pickups

Warmoth.com darrenriley.com Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups Guitar Pickups

Join Strat-Talk Today

What Hard Case?

Discussion in 'Stratocaster Discussion Forum' started by Baker69, Oct 5, 2017.

1. John C

John C Senior Stratmaster

Jul 17, 2012
    Kansas City
    The compartments on the Pro Series don't have that snap/strap that holds them closed like the G&G cases, but they do have lids and they don't flop open. However, from owning one I can tell you that the 2 compartments are tiny; they are barely long enough to hold the trem arm, and your strap has to fold up pretty small to fit in one of them. I think a pack of strings fits in them, but I usually kept my spare strings in a drawer instead of in the cases.

stevel likes this.

2. Baker69

Baker69 Strat-Talk Member

Oct 3, 2017
    England UK

Got the new Strat now(and the Tolex case), I would agree the guitar does shift once you move the case to a carrying position. I don't think this should be a problem but it's a shame they're like this as all it needed was for them to put a bit more padding into the lid section.

Nice case though and it has 2 compartments with lids for gadgets etc, although they are not really big enough for straps and things.

stevel likes this.

3. John C

John C Senior Stratmaster

Jul 17, 2012
    Kansas City
    I wound up padding the body area a bit with an old t-shirt when I had that particular Strat with that Pro Series case; that seemed to keep the neck from sliding off the "groove" for it in-between the 2 compartments. Hopefully that would work for you as well.

Bottom line - it's just a case; the main thing is to enjoy the guitar! If the case becomes too much of an issue you can always buy a different Fender case (they sell the current molded case used with the American Professionals and American Elites) as an accessory, and they also sell the nicer G&G cases as accessories as well. Then you could sell the Pro Series case as a used item.

By the way I looked at your Strat in your NGD post - very nice; black/maple board Strats are a classic choice.

4. SWayne

SWayne Strat-Talk Member

Jul 16, 2017
    Seale Al.

5. SWayne

SWayne Strat-Talk Member

Jul 16, 2017
    Seale Al.
    I do not like that case, i got an elte came with the molded case. Ordered a limited edition and it had gig bag, so I told them to send me a molded case, but they sent this instead so I returned it for the molded case snd they gave me same discount. That stitching looks like in time it will wear out and the locks just don’t seem as sturdy

6. Baker69

Baker69 Strat-Talk Member

Oct 3, 2017
    England UK
    My case looks slightly different in that it has 2 compartments with lids. Neither of them are really big enough though, I find I have to fold the strap up quite small to make it fit.

I have a thin baby blanket which I might use to put on top of the guitar to pad it out a bit.