Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups

Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups Guitar Pickups

Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups Guitar Pickups

Join Strat-Talk Today

What Was Your First Guitar?

Discussion in 'Sidewinders Bar & Grille' started by Synapse2k, Mar 8, 2018.

1. Thrup'ny Bit

Thrup'ny Bit Grand Master Curmudgeon Strat-Talk Supporter

May 21, 2010
    Sheffield, UK
    Mine was a Hondo with the same specs. I put it on a bonfire.

brians likes this.

2. hornpiper

hornpiper Senior Stratmaster

Apr 23, 2014
    Portland, OR
    Same here, same guitar, slightly different sunburst than a standard Stella (pinkish!?), but a used, hand me down, "Airline" branded Stella (Monkey Wards). My fingers were too wimpy and weak to push those steel strings down, they felt like they were an inch off the neck. Somebody in the family actually put nylon strings on it, and it really worked for me, although Segovia wouldn't have been proud. Learned the basic cowboy chords on that thing, and eventually moved up to a bigger, somewhat worn, Harmony acoustic I saved up and bought used for...........$5.00! Now we're talkin' baby.

Last edited: Mar 9, 2018

3. brians

brians Senior Stratmaster

Nov 28, 2016
    ZA
    I've put it here before, 1975 Epiphone Junkman Crestwood, bought it when I had little money, no honey and no love, not much has changed but I still have this....actually I loved it back then, sometimes play it, but it sounds like crap when you used to good guitars, always will keep it though. 1520598661440.jpg

4. crawdaddy

crawdaddy Senior Stratmaster

Feb 11, 2010
    Valley o Sun
    Now that's funny....I don't care what you say....:thumb::D:thumb::D

Mine was used in a few bash ups too...funny thing, after I spent the time to refit it for my son, I realized what a piece of garbage the guitar was and that he couldn't possibly learn (or want to learn) how to play guitar on this thing...so I went out and bought him a nice Squier to learn on.

5. Kurt Villella

Kurt Villella Strat-Talker

Feb 25, 2016
    Charlotte, NC
    A Yamaha acoustic/electric. Still have it but it spends a lot of time in its case in the closet

6. davidKOS

davidKOS Musician, Composer, Teacher Strat-Talk Supporter

May 28, 2012
    California
    Technically my first guitar was an off-brand 60's import Japanese made plywood top POS acoustic guitar, but it didn't last very long, so my first real guitar, which I used for many years, was a Yamaha FG-75.

[​IMG]

I guess I got it about 1971.

West Coast Idea and Synapse2k like this.

7. Chont

Chont Senior Stratmaster

Sep 25, 2012
    Pennsylvania
    The Terminator .... yes it was a guitar

upload_2018-3-9_10-37-25.png

davidKOS likes this.

8. TheDuck

TheDuck Most Honored Senior Member

Jan 12, 2016
    Lil' Rhody
    A LARK Les Paul copy, a very cheap LP copy.

davidKOS likes this.

9. StillAlive&Well

StillAlive&Well Senior Stratmaster Strat-Talk Supporter

Oct 4, 2014
    Frog, Texas
    It's the thought that counts. I hope he appreciates your efforts.

10. Flat Tire

Flat Tire Strat-Talk Member

Nov 11, 2014
    SoCal
    A Sigma Anniversary acoustic that my parents got me for my 15th birthday. Pure luck that it was a decent instrument as none of us knew anything about buying guitars. I still have it: it has too much sentimental value to part with, plus it sounds huge.

My first electric, on the other hand, was a sunburst Aria II Les Paul copy that I bought for myself. It was replaced in short order by a black JV Squire Strat that also moved on pretty quickly. If I remember correctly, I didn't like the Squier's white pickguard and I wanted something with a locking trem (it was the 80s). Man, teenagers. I traded it in on a black Bill Lawrence Strat that had a locking nut, a knock-off Kahler-type trem, and a matte-black pickguard that I thought was super cool.

11. trapdoor2

trapdoor2 Strat-O-Master

Oct 25, 2017
    Nawth Alabama
    As I recall, ours was a green 'burst' (my memory sez it looked more like an 'antigua'), with "Stella" poorly stenciled on the headstock. Miserable to play, essentially a wall hanger (Dad drilled a hole in the headstock and it hung from a nail over the couch in the den).

The first guitar I purchased for myself was a Korean cheapo acoustic with a 'cedar' top. $50 tops. Took it about a year for the neck to corkscrew itself into complete unplayability...even with one of those tall "convert your guitar to a dobro" nuts. It died an ignominious death by 'El Kabong' against some immovable object. Still, it taught me all the 1st position chords and how to hang onto a flatpick.

Silvercrow likes this.

12. JimB

JimB Strat-Talk Member

Oct 7, 2017
    Ohio
    a Guild hollow body electric with a single pickup

13. Mr. Lumbergh

Mr. Lumbergh needs you to go ahead and come in on Sunday, too. Strat-Talk Supporter

Jan 10, 2014
    Initech, Inc.
    My first electric purchase was an Ibanez CT Series bass. My first 6-string is my Gretsch 5120.

14. Green Craig

Green Craig Senior Stratmaster

Oct 15, 2012
    Michigan
    An acoustic guitar from Peavey. It's pretty decent, made in Korea, and took a set-up really nicely. A true sleeper, if I may say so.

15. gofmusic

gofmusic Senior Stratmaster

Sep 24, 2013
    Montevideo
    1520628031983.jpg a strat naturally. It was a power beat strat copy.

16. orcslayer

orcslayer Senior Stratmaster

Dec 8, 2008
    Ajax, Canada
    Mine was a 1963 Kay from Sears. It had three chrome pickups each having a volume & tone control (so six controls in all plus a switch) It was a short scale somewhere between 22 & 24 inches.

I learned to play on it. I still have what remains of it, although I'm ashamed to say I ruined it by trying to replace the pups, & repaint it during my utterly foolish teenage years. What a shame!

17. zenken

zenken Strat-Talk Member

Dec 16, 2010
    Charm City

18. crawdaddy

crawdaddy Senior Stratmaster

Feb 11, 2010
    Valley o Sun
    Yes, he definitely did...I think the last time I saw my son, he was up to 6 guitars....still a puppy, but he's learning...

19. rfriday

rfriday Strat-Talker

Jul 31, 2014
    St. Louis, MO
    Mine was a Sunburst Schecter Omen Extreme. I upgraded to it's big brother, a Sunburst C1-Custom a couple years later that I still have. omen.jpeg

c1Custom.jpeg

20. Sonny

Sonny .. The smiles returning to the faces ..

Aug 9, 2009
    Ballerup Denmark
    Damn, so many ugly guitars around .. sorry ...

My first one was a 73 strat that I bought used in 1986. It's right beside my computer along with its three brothers and one sister ... I'll never ever sell it