Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups

Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups Guitar Pickups

Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups Guitar Pickups

Join Strat-Talk Today

What Was Your First Guitar?

Discussion in 'Sidewinders Bar & Grille' started by Synapse2k, Mar 8, 2018.

1. Borgatomic

Borgatomic Strat-Talker

Sep 30, 2017
    I can honestly say I don't remember.

There were too many mouths to feed as a kid to have my own guitar.

It would have been destroyed in less than an hour anyway in our house.

However, guitars were like baseball gloves where I grew up, never a shortage.

So, I cannot remember if it is was one I borrowed or bought and sold.

One thing I do know is I am getting old.

Where's a digital camera with a time stamp when you need one.

2. Prasanth

Prasanth Strat-Talker

Sep 25, 2016
    Malaysia
    P_20180310_095712_vHDR_On.jpg The first acoustic I got at the age of 5. next to it was my first proper guitar hehe.

davidKOS likes this.

3. pumpkin

pumpkin Former Member

Aug 5, 2017
    Richmond VA
    ... mine is so unusual, I'll fill you in. As a young fellow in high school in Bristol , Tennessee... my father agreed to help me locate a decent used acoustic. He got a $65 Gibson J-45 owned by Joe Carter of southwest VA. Joe is June Carter's cousin and all that family still lives over near the east corner of Tennessee. It was not a very good J-45, but good enough for 6-8 years and I sold it.

Synapse2k likes this.

4. brians

brians Strat-O-Master

Nov 28, 2016
    ZA
    Now that's a different picture, the electric cool acid test....... 1520666397221.png

RnR Nolan likes this.

5. Guitar0621

Guitar0621 Strat-Talker

May 24, 2017
    USA
    A "Memphis" Japanese sort-of Strat copy.

[​IMG]

First acoustic was a used piece of trash Harmony.

davidKOS likes this.

6. ChaplainMike

ChaplainMike Strat-Talker

May 30, 2017
    Okinawa
    A short scaled bass from the Sears catelog. I lent it out and didn't bother asking for it back.

7. CephasG

CephasG Strat-Talker

Dec 13, 2017
    Land of Lincoln
    One just like this below. Bulgarian Kremona. My dad had bought it for my brother who never ever picked it up to play.

Ac518.jpg

Lone Woof and davidKOS like this.

8. Percy

Percy Most Honored Senior Member Strat-Talk Supporter

Yamaha Acoustic

davidKOS likes this.

9. DIYrocker

DIYrocker Senior Stratmaster

Dec 16, 2013
    Pennsylvania
    The exact same guitar and amp. Except mine's a 2009. Still got 'em.

Congrats on getting yours back!

Synapse2k likes this.

10. RnR Nolan

RnR Nolan Strat-Talker

Sep 5, 2017
    Chandler, AZ
    Nice guitar, and awesome story. :)

brians likes this.

11. ProSonicLive

ProSonicLive Senior Stratmaster

Sep 4, 2016
    Texas
    firstguitar.jpg First FUNCTIONAL guitar kind of rare with the black PG and maple board. No selector switch and stringing it was a pain.

kayspeeddemon.jpeg Back in 95, I was 11 or 12 I got this from my uncle. It did not work and I had no idea how t make it work. local guy said it was not worth fixing.
    Oh how he was wrong and oh how I wish I still had it. 1960s model silvertone Kay speed demon. My first ACTUAL guitar.

slamer.jpeg For $95 I got this thing. I thought it was beautiful it actually played GREAT but sounded like crap.
    hamer actually built this thing right. buuuuuut I knew how cheap it was and that kind of made me hate it back then. I know I spent a LOT of time washing my mothers scrubs and getting the money from her pockets.
    right or wrong, its how this became the first guitar I ever bought with my own money.

West Coast Idea likes this.

12. Brat-O-Caster

Brat-O-Caster Strat-Talker

Jan 22, 2018
    New York State
    Doesn't have a happy ending. Two years later we split. I still have the guitar, not her. Maybe I should have bought her something more than chocolates. :D

One thing, no matter what I think about that girl, she opened up a whole new world for me -- playing music. She knew I loved music (I had a massive record collection, I could tell you who was the producer on just about every song I heard on the radio, knew what label any artists recorded for...), so she took a chance and bought me a guitar. For that I am really incredibly grateful. I am now considered a guitarist, a musician. I love playing music. I love playing guitar. She started it all.

RobZ69, West Coast Idea and RnR Nolan like this.

13. Nadnitram

Nadnitram Senior Stratmaster

Jul 18, 2017
    The Heartland
    Wish I had a cool story. When I was 15, I found my uncle’s cast-off, no-name, mid-70’s Strat copy in my grandparents’ attic. I got a cheap Yamaha amp & plugged in. I didn’t sound like The Scorpions, so I gave up.

14. circles

circles Most Honored Senior Member

Some cheap acoustic - NO idea what it was or where it went.

15. xland

xland Senior Stratmaster

Oct 5, 2014
    Illinois
    A 2014 Yamaha FG700s acoustic. I rarely play it anymore since I bought electric guitars but it's not going to go anywhere either. I learned how to play E, A and D chords on this baby. :thumb:

2-26-2016-3.jpg

16. RnR Nolan

RnR Nolan Strat-Talker

Sep 5, 2017
    Chandler, AZ
    That's awesome, man! ... I mean the fact that she got you into playing music, not that you two split, but it was meant to be I suppose.

Crazy how someone can have that much influence on our lives, then poof! ... Gone.

ocean and West Coast Idea like this.

17. Gladius

Gladius Strat-Talk Member

May 17, 2014
    China
    I had a Bentley Series 10 and a Gorilla amp. Mine was the red guitar. Sorry for the small pic.

Attached Files:

RnR Nolan likes this.

18. Brat-O-Caster

Brat-O-Caster Strat-Talker

Jan 22, 2018
    New York State
    I influenced her life, too. She became a school teacher because of me.

Yes, odd that people who are no longer any part of each other's' lives can have had such a big influence on each other lives. Two people who were meant to be with each other, affect each other greatly, for just a short time. If you ever see the film LA LA LAND, well, that's what it's about.

RnR Nolan and West Coast Idea like this.

19. RnR Nolan

RnR Nolan Strat-Talker

Sep 5, 2017
    Chandler, AZ
    Wow. Thanks for sharing your story. :)

These are the times I stop and think how amazing (and complicated) life can be... Though it's not always fun...

I often stop and ponder these things... :p

20. Nick Evans

Nick Evans Senior Stratmaster

May 8, 2016
    South Wales UK
    I can't even remember the make of my first guitar, a horrible arch top with f holes and action so high you could fire arrows with! It was old fashioned back then! Cost me £10.
    This was 1982, then I had an plywood Hondo II that had a dimarzio humbucker, then an early German made Marlin Sidewinder strat copy. My first decent guitar was a Yamaha SF500 Super Flighter, I wish I still had.

Last edited: Mar 13, 2018
    West Coast Idea likes this.