Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups

Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups Guitar Pickups

Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups Guitar Pickups

Join Strat-Talk Today

What Was Your First Guitar?

Discussion in 'Sidewinders Bar & Grille' started by Synapse2k, Mar 8, 2018.

1. dueducs

dueducs Senior Stratmaster

A black 1986ish Squier Bullet. I found a pic yesterday, will try to upload soon.
    Actually that's not entirely accurate. It was a used Yamaha classical guitar about 10 years earlier, given to me as a Xmas gift that my mother found out was stolen in January when the seller demanded it back to avoid jail time.

Nick Evans likes this.

2. Lone Woof

Lone Woof Senior Stratmaster

Nov 30, 2014
    WI
    First guitar was a Yamaha G-55a classical with a massive neck. Still have it, in the closet at my mother's house.

First electric was a white Ibanez Stratocaster copy.

3. vlazlow

vlazlow Strat-Talk Member

Mar 5, 2018
    Heart of Dixie
    In the 70s my grandmother bought me a Hummingbird copy, an Epiphone or Ibanez. My first electric was a orange Hondo something with a repaired neck that I got in the 80s. Like an idiot I lent both of them to "friends" while I was in college and they flew away like so many childhood dreams...

Nick Evans likes this.

4. dblvnm

dblvnm Strat-Talk Member

May 1, 2017
    Las Vegas Nevada
    My first guitar was this Ibanez X-series Destroyer with a gorilla amp and a rockman. ibanezdestroyer-01.jpg this was in 84 I believe? I worked a lot of overtime in my brothers restaurant to save up for it.

5. RobZ69

RobZ69 Strat-Talker

Apr 22, 2017
    The Netherlands
    And that is not a happy ending?;)

6. BuckNekkid

BuckNekkid Strat-Talker

Nov 28, 2016
    Virginia, USA
    Wow, back in the day, Sears was a great resource for (cheap) guitars. I got my Sears Kay from my neighbor/best friend, who never played. I don't know if he ever tried. I gave him $10 for it. When I moved to Germany from the States, it stayed behind, going where I know not.

The neck warp was something! Probably 1/2" from the 12th fret. Boy, did I get callouses from learning chords (I don't know if I ever mastered the F barre on that beast).

Looked something like this.

[​IMG]

7. perttime

perttime Strat-Talker

May 4, 2015
    Finland
    A really cheap nylon string acoustic that was put together well enough. I bought it by mail order (are you old enough to remember cutting a coupon or form out of a magazine and sending it by snail mail)? An instructions book came with it.