Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups

Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups Guitar Pickups

Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups Guitar Pickups

Join Strat-Talk Today

What was your first pedal?

Discussion in 'The Effect effect' started by BluesDontCare, Oct 31, 2016.

1. BluesDontCare

BluesDontCare Strat-Talker

May 26, 2016
    Heart of Rock&Roll
    Hi everyone! How are you ?
    This topic is just for fun. My first pedal was Boss Ds-1.

2. sam_in_cali

sam_in_cali Scream for me Strat-Talk! Strat-Talk Supporter

Feb 21, 2014
    Santa Maria, CA
    One of these...pretty meh distortion and in a plastic housing no less...they made today's Behringer pedals look tough
    [​IMG]

3. Stratoskater

Stratoskater Senior Stratmaster

Feb 8, 2011
    Raleigh NC
    A DOD Turbo Distortion and a DOD delay that had a 1 sec "sample" feature. Cool feature, you could hold a transistor radio up to your pickup and play the radio through the guitar and sample a phrase or sound bite. Then you could tap the pedal and the sample would play while you were playing.

4. Mouse

Mouse The Knees of Rock Strat-Talk Supporter

Apr 25, 2012
    New Jersey
    I was all set to buy an MXR Distortion+ until a friend mentioned this pedal. I always regretted not getting the MXR.

[​IMG]

Rastus likes this.

5. Mr. Lumbergh

Mr. Lumbergh needs you to go ahead and come in on Sunday, too. Strat-Talk Supporter

Jan 10, 2014
    Initech, Inc.
    My first pedal was an Ibanez PD7 Phat Hed bass OD.

Rastus likes this.

6. TheDuck

TheDuck Most Honored Senior Member

Jan 12, 2016
    Lil' Rhody
    Big Muff Pi -- circa 1980

Bluestrat83, Stratoman10 and joe_cpwe like this.

7. suncrush

suncrush Senior Stratmaster

Mar 25, 2014
    Pittsburgh
    A TC Flashback.

I haven't been playing long.

8. velvet_man

velvet_man Strat-Talker

Sep 7, 2016
    Vancouver
    My first pedal was a Boss DS-1 that I still have and use regularly. I got it as a free throw-in that came with my first amp.

JustABluesGuy likes this.

9. WhiteWabbit

WhiteWabbit Senior Stratmaster

Nov 6, 2014
    Canada
    A Crybaby from the early 80's.

Tone Deaf and Bluestrat83 like this.

10. tery

tery Most Honored Senior Member

Jul 31, 2014
    Tennessee
    Danelectro BLT slap echo

11. garyhoos1

garyhoos1 Huffing n Puffing. Silver Member

Jan 28, 2012
    North Wales and Somerset.
    +1

joe_cpwe likes this.

12. guitarface

guitarface Senior Stratmaster

Nov 11, 2012
    New York

13. Hammer 4

Hammer 4 Senior Stratmaster Strat-Talk Supporter

Apr 26, 2013
    So. Calif.
    Crybaby wah from the 90's

Tone Deaf likes this.

14. Nick Evans

Nick Evans Senior Stratmaster

May 8, 2016
    South Wales UK
    Boss HM2 Distortion and Boss CH 1 Chorus.

Flat Tire likes this.

15. joe_cpwe

joe_cpwe Senior Stratmaster

Jul 21, 2015
    USA
    Looks like fuzzes and wah's on this list. I honestly don't remember which I got first.

It was either a Big Muff Pi or a Morley Power Wah....'84ish. If I had to guess, I'd say the Big Muff Pi.

Check out the Power Wah. No batteries, AC only. Also, the red lamp in front was the fuse. I replaced a few of those. No-one was deigning for optimal size or weight back then. That wah was a real pig.
    morley-telray_pwo_001.jpg

16. circles

circles Senior Stratmaster

I think it was an MXR distortion plus, and it might be around here somewhere.

17. 2-Finger

2-Finger Strat-O-Master

Aug 16, 2016
    Brussels, Belgium
    An EHX Big Muff Pi Deluxe (and I kind regret not getting a simpler version):

[​IMG]

Staypuft1652 likes this.

18. sonny wolf

sonny wolf Senior Stratmaster

Aug 7, 2009
    austin texas
    I bought this in the mid 1990s after hearing a guy in a music store play one explaining to me to that Stevie Ray Vaughan used a Tubescreamer pedal to get his overdrive.I was just learning how to play guitar back then and playing through this pedal was like a revelation...the type of compression and midrangy overdrive that suddenly made those SRV style Blues licks easier and more natural in a way that an amp's distortion just doesn't deliver the same way.They were cheap too at around $50 so I bought one.The TS 5 was a budget alternative to the more expensive TS9 Tubescreamer back then.I eventually got a TS9 then a Voodoo Lab Sparkle drive until settling on the reissue 808 Tubescreamer when those were reissued in the mid 2000s.My TS5 is still at my mom's place...next time I visit I should try it again.I bet it still sounds cool.

[​IMG]

19. Naradajim

Naradajim Senior Stratmaster

That was the first thing I had too, only mine was early 70s. Makes sense, since I probably have illegitimate grandchildren your age or older. Second pedal was probably an old Ross Equalizer. The thing was blue with white sliders. It was a double wide. I wish I still had it. It was like having shapeable overdrive. If you pushed all the sticks skyward, it was almost a full distortion noise box, bring 'em down and make a dipped pattern, and you had old fashioned 808 tone. Great pedal. Their Phase R pedal was fun too. I had one of the little red DOD compressors as well as an old chorus pedal. I think it was probably a Ross also. From what I understand now, I should have had the Ross compressor, and something

Tone Deaf and WhiteWabbit like this.

20. bchaffin72

bchaffin72 Most Honored Senior Member Strat-Talk Supporter Vendor Member

Oct 4, 2008
    Stratford,Ontario
    Back in my brief band days, early 90s, we were playing Black Sabbath, Deep Purple, and similar sounding stuff. My first pedal was an Ibanez CM-5 Classic Metal distortion pedal running through a Supro tube amp.