Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups

Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups Guitar Pickups

Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups Guitar Pickups

Join Strat-Talk Today

What was your first pedal?

Discussion in 'The Effect effect' started by BluesDontCare, Oct 31, 2016.

1. jaybones

jaybones Most Honored Senior Member Strat-Talk Supporter

Since I started on acoustic, the first pedal I bought was a Cutec (Yamaha) compressor for my acoustic electric.

First electric pedal was a Dunlop Cry Baby deluxe, then later a Behringer Chrous. My amp is 2 channel, so I've got distortion, chorus, vibrato, and reverb. The Behringer Chorus pedal I use with my acoustic electric.

2. midwestfisherma

midwestfisherma Senior Stratmaster

Nov 27, 2011
    MI
    My first foray into pedals was a threesome. :D Boss Blues Driver, Boss Compressor Sustainer, and a Boss EQ pedal. All circa 1989.

3. otto6457

otto6457 Strat-O-Master

I guess I'm boring. My first pedal was my tuner. That was way back in 2015. Yep......waaaay back. Then the Klon because I'm a sucker for koolaid. I added the looper about 3 months ago, then the Wampler Velvet Fuzz last week. (it was used and got a pretty sweet deal on it) I'll add a wah one of these days. Since I've been playing country for the last month I'm thinking I might want a compressor. And I'll probably forever GAS for a Neo Ventilator and never buy one.

It's sort of silly for me to buy pedals since only my bedroom walls hear me play. But it makes me feel like a guitarist to have a few.

[​IMG]

4. Mr Betsy

Mr Betsy Strat-Talker

Oct 22, 2016
    Sydney, AUS
    Ha! I would've been thirteen or fourteen, wishing I was in Metallica (or Bill & Ted's for that matter), that my hair was longer, that I was older, that I was an awesome 'shredder' - without the lessons or practice or commitment, that chicks thought I was hot and guys thought I was cool, that the lightning bolts on my cheap-as-chips Onyx weren't pink but blood red(!!), and of course, my first pedal was a second hand Boss 'Heavy Metal' pedal!!
    Sooo angsty. Nobody understood me!!
    Hehe. Makes me laugh now.

5. francus1971

francus1971 New Member!

May 21, 2012
    Milan - italy
    Ibanez metal charger
    Was the end of the eighties...

6. Mr C

Mr C Senior Stratmaster

Feb 17, 2016
    New Zealand
    An orange Boss 'turbo Distortion' can't remember the exact model number....

7. WhiteWabbit

WhiteWabbit Senior Stratmaster

Nov 6, 2014
    Canada
    image.jpg

Tone Deaf and Stratoman10 like this.

8. obsidian

obsidian Strat-Talk Member

Nov 17, 2016
    Siena, Tuscany - Italy
    My first pedal ever it's been the Vox V810 "valve tone" overdrive you can see below . I got it used in 2001, then sold to a friend a couple of years later. Luckily for me, when I regretted selling it, my friend still had it and it was collecting dust on a shelf. I offered to buy it then and it's been mine again since then. It was 2008 I think :)

pedaliera.jpg

Electgumbo likes this.

9. obsidian

obsidian Strat-Talk Member

Nov 17, 2016
    Siena, Tuscany - Italy
    Oh Man, I had a Zoom 606! It had an expression pedal but was very similar to this one

10. fender kev

fender kev Strat-Talker

Jan 1, 2010
    uk
    a cheap wah pedal from a mail order catalogue in the 70s

11. moullineaux

moullineaux Senior Stratmaster

Jul 11, 2009
    ATLANTA, GA

12. Sarnodude

Sarnodude Senior Stratmaster

Sep 26, 2015
    Mukilteo
    MXR Distortion+. I modded it with a 9 volt jack, so I didn't have to keep replacing batteries.

Nick Evans and circles like this.

13. heltershelton

heltershelton ASKED TO LEAVE THE STAGE Strat-Talk Supporter

Jun 5, 2013
    Not Florida
    it was the mxr distortion +. i had a few other pedals too that i put on a home made board, but i cant remember what they were. wait...some sort of chorus, probably a boss, and one of those purple boss delays.
    thats back when i had one of those 100 watt marshall half stacks i got in about 85 or 86....a non master volume super lead with the 4 inputs. i would put a patch cord from the bottom left to the top right and plug into the top left....then i had what i called a treble volume and a "balls" volume. i hate myself for ever getting rid of that amp. it was old when i got it, and it was super killer. but times got tough in about 1990 for awhile and i was forced to sell it. oh well.

14. Bodean

Bodean Rock N Roll Ain't Noise Pollution Strat-Talk Supporter

Aug 23, 2014
    South Carolina
    Gas, brake, and clutch.:D

Stark and Nick Evans like this.

15. circles

circles Most Honored Senior Member Strat-Talk Supporter

Mine was an MXR Distortion +. I still have it around here somewhere. I thought I lost it for like ten years then it turned up. The foam inside all decayed and is a mess, but it should work. Must find.

Flat Tire and Stark like this.

16. Nasser

Nasser Strat-Talk Member

May 10, 2015
    Amman, Jordan
    An Ibanez TS808 Tube screamer - bought it around 1980. Who would have thought? ;)

FormerTeleGuy likes this.

17. rudos1

rudos1 Senior Stratmaster

Aug 16, 2013
    Boston
    Cry Baby wah around 1981 or 82

Tone Deaf likes this.

18. Stark

Stark Ghost of Johnny Thunders Strat-Talk Supporter

Jul 16, 2011
    Richmond Annex, CA
    Three at once in 1986 at age 15:

Old school EHX Big Muff Pi
    Logic Research Rotoverb P100
    One of those old grey Echoplexes

Last edited: Dec 8, 2016
    Nick Evans likes this.

19. fretwhizzy

fretwhizzy Strat-Talker

Sep 3, 2016
    GB
    I think probably a Crybaby. I do remember having a boss chorus early on too.

Tone Deaf likes this.

20. StillAlive&Well

StillAlive&Well Senior Stratmaster Strat-Talk Supporter

Oct 4, 2014
    Frog, Texas
    2. A Marshall Supa Fuzz & a Crybaby in '71 new from Arnold & Morgan Music in Garland, Texas.

Tone Deaf and Stark like this.