Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups

Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups Guitar Pickups

Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups Guitar Pickups

Join Strat-Talk Today

What your bridge looks like after 7 years and 300+ gigs

Discussion in 'Stratocaster Discussion Forum' started by BlurgyWurgyWibble, Jun 2, 2018.

1. BlurgyWurgyWibble

BlurgyWurgyWibble Strat-Talk Member

Feb 10, 2018
    UK

2. Lonn

Lonn Mod Admin Staff Member Strat-Talk Supporter

Admin Post
    Very nice.

3. strat_strummer

strat_strummer Senior Stratmaster Strat-Talk Supporter

Dec 17, 2017
    Here, there, everywhere....
    Ah yes, 7 years and 300+ gigs later its finally starting to break in...…:thumb: Great color.

jaybones and BlurgyWurgyWibble like this.

4. HTSMetal

HTSMetal Strat-Talker

Jan 16, 2014
    Satan's Armpit, KY
    I have the same one! Absolutely stellar guitars.

5. Percy

Percy Most Honored Senior Member Strat-Talk Supporter

Nice Strat

And yes there is nothing like a real relic!!!:thumb:

BlurgyWurgyWibble and Anderonn like this.

6. jaybones

jaybones Most Honored Senior Member Strat-Talk Supporter

Looking to get the natural, change the plastics to black to have the sister to my original '76 hardtail natural.
    <<<<<<<

At the prices the originals go for, and the condition I'm looking for I'd be paying 4 figures.

BlurgyWurgyWibble likes this.

7. BlurgyWurgyWibble

BlurgyWurgyWibble Strat-Talk Member

Feb 10, 2018
    UK
    I sold my Am std last week. Never played it!

People always seem to dump the stock pickups from these immediately and I think they're daft! 'No midrange, too fizzy'. Yeah, but not if you screw the pickups right down, crank the amp and use the volume knob .. as God intended. Not exaggerating: these are the best most vintage sounding strat pickups I have ever heard. All the best pickups have scooped mids and a fizzy top end imho. Just got to work the controls and play around the pickups intelligently: using gain channel with the volume rolled back to clean up and no pedals really brings it to life. Whack a 10-52 set of strings on, dead straight neck, super low action and the guitar is butter. Will happily scream bloody murder and land like a butterfly.

I have the trem floating but not very high and have tightened the claw all the way. It still does vibrato but I don't fit the bar.

Here she is, all cleaned up and de-gunged, ready for another 7 years (I sincerely hope).

Anyone reading this: if you get chance to pick one of these up used .. absolutely do! There is just something wholly authentic about a U shaped neck, low output pickups, skinny frets and a 7.25" radius.

Last edited: Jun 3, 2018
    Rastus, jojo68 and bassetman like this.

8. Rastus

Rastus Senior Stratmaster

Jan 1, 2014
    Australia
    Yo,

You might find that a genuine Fender replacement neck is around 1/2 the price of a re-fret, but this may vary depending on where you live of course. Search it out before you spend your money.

Yes, they're excellent guitars, I have a few myself.

Cheers,

Rastus