Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups

Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups Guitar Pickups

Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups Guitar Pickups

Join Strat-Talk Today

What's better than going to a concert?

Discussion in 'Sidewinders Bar & Grille' started by Believer7713, Dec 11, 2017.

1. Believer7713

Believer7713 Senior Stratmaster Silver Member

Dec 27, 2016
    US
    Going to one for free! Friday, while getting ready for work I received a phone call from one of the local radio stations. The guy tells me who he is and that he works for Jack FM and I'm thinking to myself, "Yeah, RIGHT!" Then he tells me that back in August they received a text from me to win free tix to see Evanescence in concert. So I played along because I remembered sending in for several but that was like a half year ago. Now I'm glad I decided to just go with it because I'll be leaving work vey soon to pick up my wife and go to the show. FOR FREE!
    1513030603442.jpg

2. tery

tery Senior Stratmaster

Jul 31, 2014
    Tennessee
    Cool ... :)

abnormaltoy likes this.

3. apm1991

apm1991 Strat-O-Master

Feb 14, 2017
    Arizona

4. thomquietwolf

thomquietwolf Most Honored Senior Member Strat-Talk Supporter

Dec 2, 2010
    Peardale CA

5. Believer7713

Dec 27, 2016
    US
    I have to agree with you there. It is much more fun to play them but I don't get that option much these days.

Last edited: Dec 11, 2017
    abnormaltoy and apm1991 like this.

6. apm1991

apm1991 Strat-O-Master

Feb 14, 2017
    Arizona
    that's awesome you won the tickets.. makes it that much better... I was at a bar/restaurant one time and I won 4 tickets to a chicken wing festival (each ticket was worth $40) Essentially it was all you can eat wings and all you can drink beer all day...

7. Silvercrow

Silvercrow Senior Stratmaster

Nov 6, 2014
    Bucks County, Pa.
    CONGRATS! So cool you've won and get a night with your wife...for free no less!

Please let us know about the concert!

Brian

abnormaltoy and Believer7713 like this.

8. Sarnodude

Sarnodude Senior Stratmaster

Sep 26, 2015
    Mukilteo
    One of the best voices in rock music.

abnormaltoy and Believer7713 like this.

9. Believer7713

Dec 27, 2016
    US
    I agree completely...She does have a beautiful voice. I remember when their first album came out, hearing that classical voice mixed with the heavy rock sound just blew me away.

abnormaltoy likes this.

10. mad axe man

mad axe man Senior Stratmaster

Jul 23, 2016
    ontario canada
    what a deal..

abnormaltoy likes this.

11. Believer7713

Dec 27, 2016
    US
    So we got to the show last night about 50 minutes early and got seated about 30 minutes before the show. Tix were for nose bleeds but the venue only seats 2400 so there really isn't a bad seat in the house. Unless you get seated next to the already drunk chick that won't shut up. (That's a rant for later) since there were a good number of open seats in front of us, we seat hopped to the front edge of the balcony to get away from the annoying drunk chick
    Evanescence was opened by the Kansas City Symphony, which was great BTW. They promptly at 8pm and played for about 25 minutes.
    1513093706719.jpg
    Then we had to wait until 9pm for Amy Lee and company to take the stage with the orchestra.
    1513093774662.jpg
    1513093804554.jpg
    1513093829701.jpg
    1513093841099.jpg
    1513093857743.jpg
    I gotta say, they really brought it. I was really impressed with the talent and musicianship of the band. The only person moving on stage was Amy. All of the guitarists were in orchestra pit blacks and seated the whole time like the orchestra. Amy only moved between the stand up mic and the piano. They just let the music speak for itself with some lighting thrown in (but it wasn't over the top either)

It is a show that both my wife and i would have paid to see but getting free tix made it even sweeter.

abnormaltoy likes this.

12. LPBlue

LPBlue Most Honored Senior Member

Jul 19, 2012
    Canada, near the other end
    "What's better than going to a concert"

Going to a concert where the band are old friends you have not seen in some time and the "catch up" party at your place talking about anything but music after the show. That is worth infinitely more than the show..."Yeah, I've heard them before!":sneaky:

Congrats on the tickets!:thumb:

Last edited: Dec 12, 2017

13. velvet_man

velvet_man Strat-Talker

Sep 7, 2016
    Vancouver
    Looks like you had a great time at the show. Going to a concert really is one of the best night's out you can have. My wife and I went to see Jonny Lang a couple weeks ago. Awesome show, and a perfect night away from the kids.

Believer7713 and abnormaltoy like this.

14. abnormaltoy

abnormaltoy Thread derailer Strat-Talk Supporter

Apr 28, 2013
    Tucson
    I like them...Amy Lee is, imho, a great singer with stupendous phrasing.

Believer7713 likes this.