Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups

Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups Guitar Pickups

Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups Guitar Pickups

Join Strat-Talk Today

What's the funniest insult you've ever received

Discussion in 'Squier Strat Forum' started by streatch, May 26, 2010.

1. amstratnut

amstratnut Peace thru Music. Strat-Talk Supporter

Dec 1, 2009
    My house.
    One time out on the playground somebody called me a tom girl. I didn't dare argue with her because she could kick my a$$.

It was not that funny to me.

Nate D and The Strat Dude like this.

2. Malikon

Malikon Dark Cabaret

Sep 2, 2009
    Chicago
    Lol. Brilliant, that's a great come back.

3. gitterfidder

gitterfidder Strat-Talker

Aug 3, 2009
    tucson, Az
    "all heavy heavy mosh mosh..."

I say all chugga-chugga-wooh-wooh

4. amstratnut

amstratnut Peace thru Music. Strat-Talk Supporter

Dec 1, 2009
    My house.
    I'm not sure why I'm chuckling.

5. fenderilize

fenderilize Strat-Talker

Aug 14, 2009
    U.S.
    wow, i've never seen pink vox like that before. they look so cool together! :)

6. mijstratsq

mijstratsq Senior Stratmaster

Feb 26, 2010
    midwest is best
    its cool if its your guitar/amp are pink man,dont blame it on your "daughter"

7. StratDen

StratDen Senior Stratmaster

May 23, 2008
    NY
    LOL! But I already have my own Pink Strat, and darn proud of it! :)
    But I was foolish not to buy a second pink Vox for myself when I bought hers. They really are unique little amps, especially in pink!

8. StratDen

StratDen Senior Stratmaster

May 23, 2008
    NY
    She was in the movies, no?.

[​IMG]

9. Diocletian

Diocletian Strat-Talker

Sep 9, 2009
    Glasgow
    Don't encourage them. The less people playing Dragonforce the better. :D

10. scotzoid

scotzoid Senior Stratmaster

Oct 16, 2009
    Music City
    Last week my bass player friend asked me if I was trying to look like Jerry Garcia. Saturday night he asked me why I had shaved my beard off, I reminded him of what he said, he insisted it wasn't meant as an insult...

11. HoboSquier

HoboSquier New Member!

Jun 9, 2010
    Outside
    As a hitchhiker/street musician I always got the usual "Why don't you buy a real guitar?". Aside from the fact that I'm poor and live under a rock,, I could never get the ignorant to understand what my gear withstood.

I traveled around the country with a new Squier Bullet Strat and a Roland Micro-Cube amp for over a year. My Strat never saw a case, even in extreme weather. It was outside 24/7, always acting as my pillow at night. The electronics never failed. The action stayed great despite sudden changes in temperature and humidity. The frets remained unhurt despite being played every day for at least eight hours. The lighter weight was even appreciated.

So when that familiar question pops up, I just laugh. That was a REAL guitar that made me real money and gave me real joy in an environment that was real harsh. Keep up the good work Squier. It was the best $99.00 I ever spent.

12. Horse

Horse Strat-Talk Member

Mar 15, 2010
    England
    Thee funniest insult?

When i had just broken up with a girlfriend, was out in the van with my electrician mate, feeling bummed out.

He looked at me, kinda disparagingly, and said

' well, i guess you will be ok, youre a reasonable catch?! ....'

We looked at each other and just had laughed our arses off. Just what i needed ;)

13. strat_strummer

strat_strummer Senior Stratmaster Strat-Talk Supporter

Dec 17, 2017
    Idaho
    My daughter told me I was a "HICKEY ON A HEMORIOD". I told her I resemble that remark.......:cool:

Bodean likes this.

14. Mississippi_Kid

Mississippi_Kid Senior Stratmaster

Good grief! I got half way through this thread before I noticed it was a zombie thread. I was wondering why I didn't recognize any of the people posting.

sssstratsss, 2-Finger, Nate D and 5 others like this.

15. brians

brians Strat-O-Master

Nov 28, 2016
    ZA
    Haven't read all the posts but got the gist of this, a lot of bull****, either one can play or not, the axe in your hand makes zero difference, I've met some street players that make me look like I can't put a progression together, and they playing , really cheap crap, brand name means nothing if you cannot play, I hate this snobbery thing, it really is dumb , give one of my friends a bullet, and give me a $5000 guitar, and I still suck next to him, ......rant over, feel better now

16. Uncle Fiesta

Uncle Fiesta Senior Stratmaster

Mate of mine turned up at Shadows Club last month with a guitar that his wife had just bought (she usually plays bass). It was a really cheap Strat copy, not even a Squier, paid 50 or 60 quid for it I think he said. He asked the organiser if he could plug it in and try it before the meeting started, and when he did ... it sounded bloody brilliant! Why? Because it was HIM that was playing it.

I keep trying to get over to people that your sound isn't in your gear, it's in YOU. No need to spend fortunes trying to nail your sound, because you've either got it already, or you're never going to get it no matter how much you spend.

brians likes this.

17. Electgumbo

Electgumbo Lost Planet Airman Strat-Talk Supporter

Dec 26, 2010
    Scott La.
    “Boy you about as dumb as a box of rocks!”... drill sergeant

Bodean and Nate D like this.

18. fezz parka

fezz parka Off.... Strat-Talk Supporter

Apr 21, 2011
    Undisclosed.
    What's a hemriod?

Bodean and Ebidis like this.

19. apm1991

apm1991 Senior Stratmaster

Feb 14, 2017
    Arizona
    some new neighborhood kid keeps riding his bike on my lawn and yelling, "Dusty old bones, Full of green dust!"

I don't get it

CigBurn likes this.

20. William SantAna

William SantAna Strat-Talk Member

Aug 24, 2017
    Brazil
    "bichaaaa!!! :mad::mad::mad:"
    yelled by a very ugly girl when I didn't catch her...

2-Finger and Omar like this.