Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups

Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups Guitar Pickups

Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups Guitar Pickups

Join Strat-Talk Today

What's the name of this Strat documentary?

Discussion in 'Stratocaster Discussion Forum' started by flashbak, Oct 10, 2010.

1. flashbak

flashbak Strat-Talk Member

May 26, 2009
    Phoenix, AZ
    I remember watching it last year but can't remember what it was called. It started off with an interview of Eric Clapton talking about his love for Strat's, continues with other interviews, and finally ends with a parting shot of Keith Richards relaying his love for the Strat. Can anyone help with the title of it so I can locate it again to watch. Appreciate it, thanks!

2. gaddis

gaddis Strat-O-Master

Jul 27, 2008
    New York
    I'm going to take a wild guess and say Curves, Contours, and Body Horns. I don't think this has ever been shown in the U.S., but you can find it on YouTube.

3. flashbak

May 26, 2009
    Phoenix, AZ
    gaddis,
    Bingo! Just had a look on youtube and that's it! Thanks so much!

4. surfaday

surfaday Strat-Talker

Sep 18, 2010
    Oregon
    Wow. Happened upon this thread and started watching that documentary! Fantastic! Way better than the 50th, which was mostly just a concert and pretty disappointing as a documentary. Thanks!

5. dngrsdave

dngrsdave Strat-Talker

Jan 11, 2010
    Sollitt ,Il.
    Awesome Video

I stopped on this site last nite before I turned off the computer and also found the info about this video. I wanted to thank you for turning me on to the it.

Almost every Great Strat Player was featured or interviewd on this Fender 40 year anniversary of the Stratocaster.Great music and stories about the "early day's" and the making of such an Iconic Guitar. Too bad they failed to mention Rory. Although there was only so much time

Unfortunately I stayed up until 1;00am in the morning watching it. Now I'm dragging ..s at work.

6. Lua1

Lua1 PolyMayerMaple Strat-Talk Supporter

Mar 24, 2010
    Avondale

7. Simpleman

Simpleman Strat-Talker

Jun 27, 2010
    Arkansas
    crap...Thank you...for posting this, but I'm going to have to wait until after work to watch it..... ........ Is it five yet????

8. Orbit

Orbit Senior Stratmaster

Dec 31, 2008
    New Mexico
    fantastic series, thanks !!

9. crawdaddy

crawdaddy Senior Stratmaster

Feb 11, 2010
    Valley o Sun
    Today is your lucky day.... :) it's 5:00 some where., so grab yourself a cold one, sit back and enjoy the show. :)

10. Orbit

Orbit Senior Stratmaster

Dec 31, 2008
    New Mexico
    er... does it seem like there's a missing gap between parts 3 and 4 ? What happened to Jimi ?

Loved the part where Dweezil is playing (ELECTRIC) guitar while dangling his feet in the pool (part 5)... maybe the genius part didn't come through the genes ?

11. mw13068

mw13068 Most Honored Senior Member Strat-Talk Supporter

Jul 29, 2009
    Ithaca, NY
    My favorite quote, from David Gilmour (in part 2 about 8:50):

"... you know who it is playing the guitar. Their personality comes through a Fender better."

12. dngrsdave

dngrsdave Strat-Talker

Jan 11, 2010
    Sollitt ,Il.
    What's the deal with the wall moving behing Eric Clapton while he was sitting between the 2 guitars. It was late and I was kinda tired and kinda buzzed... Was he on an elevator or something?

13. flashbak

May 26, 2009
    Phoenix, AZ
    Yes, he's on an elevator. Glad you folks are enjoying it! :)

14. Lua1

Mar 24, 2010
    Avondale
    i think eric clapton was probably a bigger "douche" than john mayer, from what ive seen :D. even his taste in design, minus the strat :), strikes me as being sort of annoying.

sorry if you are reading mr. clapton....but some of your romantic decisions....not cool :D

also, one thing this doc has taught me is that the shadows are awesome

15. Simpleman

Simpleman Strat-Talker

Jun 27, 2010
    Arkansas
    Man that was cool....now off to play my strat...:D

16. Zagnut

Zagnut Strat-Talker

Sep 17, 2009
    Seattle
    LOL. Clapton has certainly had his issues and though the majority of my favorite guitar players are English, he's not one of them. His post Cream playing seemed to lack the fire to me, even Layla. To each their own. The Shadows now, yes!

17. CandyAppleHead

CandyAppleHead Strat-O-Master

Apr 28, 2008
    Cambridge, England
    Whilst on holiday at a seaside town earlier this year I went into a secondhand bookshop and found a copy of a book that goes with the series, called The Story of the Fender Stratocaster, by Ray Minhinnett & Bob Young. It's a great book for Strat fans, with loads of tasty photos of vintage Strats, interviews with famous players and lots of other stuff.

I never understood why they had Keef in it though.

18. Lua1

Mar 24, 2010
    Avondale
    i should like his later stuff....i seem to always enjoy that pretty, chordal, fender-y sound....but it just doesnt really do much for me, from what ive heard. to each their own :)

(fwiw, i find his earlier stuff too noisey, so im just weird :oops:)

19. takis61

takis61 Strat-Talker

Jun 11, 2010
    Worthing
    Excellent, didn't realise this was on YouTube, going to watch it later.
    But never could understand why Keef was in it at all ?
    Eric's tone not my favourite but the recent Stevie Winwood concerts were really good IMHO

20. Kuroyama

Kuroyama Strat-Talker

Dec 20, 2008
    Japan
    Curves, Contours... absolutely awesome video. Torrents are out there. DVDs... not that I could find (in Japan anyway) searched online some time ago and did not find. The online version has pretty bad resolution. I think it was copied from a copy of a copy of an old VHS. Needs to be remastered, rereleased.

They should also just make a new one. Its been a few years now. Add some folks to it. Talk about the newer strats as well, and add more playing.

BTW... I tried watching it once with a Les Paul Goldtop on the guitar stand in the TV room. Dont do that. It doesnt work. Get your strat out. Put it in a stand near the TV where you can ogle it during the show. Then after get yourself a little practice time. mmmmm.