Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups

Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups Guitar Pickups

Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups Guitar Pickups

Join Strat-Talk Today

What's this 62' worth?

Discussion in 'Pre-CBS Strats (before 1966)' started by lightningflash, Oct 29, 2017.

1. slowerhand

slowerhand Strat-Talker

Feb 26, 2010
    Bangkok
    I remember about 5 years ago, when I used to frequent MyLesPaul, an original slab board being for sale in the Classifieds for 12500 or thereabouts and it sat and sat for weeks. It's a while ago but if memory serves it was more or less original. As a buyer I of course look for the lower end of the range, but I agree that 15k is high. Of course, all you need is one buyer, so you never know.

2. zigmeisterxiv

zigmeisterxiv Strat-Talk Member

Feb 15, 2016
    Merritt Island, FL
    If its like my old '62, its priceless ... like it's worth less than any price I could put on it!

Take the money and buy a nice early 70's.

3. dueducs

dueducs Senior Stratmaster

No, one can't. Those switches are made of multiple materials. The fiber boards would not survive and the solder would break down. Also, the switches would have to be disassembled. And it's not a salt bath- it's more complicated than that and requires a knowledge of the chemical make-ups and reactions of the materials to be conserved. This process is called electrolytic reduction and if it's not done correctly, it will even dissolve the metal. I use this process weekly in the archaeological conservation lab for metal items (mostly iron) that have come from shipwrecks or other submerged environments.

Last edited: Dec 21, 2017
    Bluebird_12 and Mipstoo like this.

4. bigbadjohn

bigbadjohn Strat-Talk Member

Dec 17, 2017
    Vancouver Canada

5. bigbadjohn

bigbadjohn Strat-Talk Member

Dec 17, 2017
    Vancouver Canada
    Eric Clapton went to Pawn shops to buy them for next to nothing in the 70's when he was touring USA.
    he loves maple necks but they stopped making them in the 60's, that's where he got his guitars from for about $200
    He loved the maple because he could bend the strings so easily there was more friction with
    Rosewood