Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups

Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups Guitar Pickups

Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups Guitar Pickups

Join Strat-Talk Today

What's your favorite clean strat pickup set?

Discussion in 'Pickup Forum' started by Fuzzpop, Dec 29, 2017.

1. SlyStrat

SlyStrat Strat-Talker

Feb 16, 2015
    Cleveland, OH
    Fender CS '54's.

Single Malt likes this.

2. dbbluesproject

dbbluesproject Senior Stratmaster

Nov 3, 2015
    Maine
    Rumpelstilskin “Miller’s Daughter” set.
    Awesome!

3. slide13

slide13 Strat-Talk Member

Aug 14, 2018
    Madison, WI
    Just put on some Fralin Vintage Hots in my ‘96 Strat Plus. I had some Texas Specials in there but never loved them. Kinda muddy, flat, and uneven from string to string and from pup to pup. Dropped in a loaded pickguard from Fralin including a baseplate on the bridge and wow! The guitar sings now, sounds so much better. I recently picked up a new Swart STR Tremolo and really liked it but felt it was just shy of being everything I wanted tone wise....turns out it was the pickups and these Fralin fixed that. Sounds so good now!

Also, had a slight issue with my loaded pickguard where one tone control isn’t doing anything. Maybe something I did during install, maybe a bad pot, maybe something else. Either way, sent a quick email off about it to see if they had suggestions for what to check out (wiring isn’t my strong suit). Within a couple hours I received a call from Lindy Fralin himself explaining possible causes, apologizing, and offering to fix it if I wanted to return it or to help walk me through fixing it myself when I was ready to take it apart again. That is some damn good customer service!

Very impressed both by the service and the sound quality!

10/10, would buy again!

jrbirdman likes this.

4. hexnut

hexnut Strat-Talker

Jul 18, 2018
    Middle Tennessee
    I like the pure 59s but that's just me.

5. Doug B

Doug B Strat-Talker

Jun 17, 2017
    Canada
    Are you talking about the Microcoils with the neo magnets or the alnico magnets?

Thanks.

Doug

6. Ronkirn

Ronkirn Senior Stratmaster

May 26, 2006
    Jacksonville, FL
    Either... such subtle differences are insignificant...unless ya think so... it's like having to choose between Adrianna Lima and Alessandra Ambrosio to be stranded on a desert isle..... are they alike? Oh hell no, do ya care OH double hell no..

rk

dueducs likes this.

7. Doug B

Doug B Strat-Talker

Jun 17, 2017
    Canada
    No, it's just my curiosity. Wondered why there would be the two different magnet choices if they are so similar. I have only heard Microcoils on Youtube, so it's kinda hard to judge.

8. Namelyguitar

Namelyguitar Most Honored Senior Member Strat-Talk Supporter

Jun 3, 2009
    Mobile Bay
    American Standard/ Series (Fender pickups).

9. Single Malt

Single Malt Strat-Talk Member

Jul 22, 2014
    Parker, CO
    Count me in as well. I've posted several times about the beauty of these pickups.

10. mojosman

mojosman Strat-O-Master

Mar 24, 2013
    Western Mass
    D. Allen Tru-62 set. They just have “it”; whatever it is, they’ve got it!

11. Frankg11

Frankg11 Strat-Talker

Feb 10, 2010
    D.C./L.A./Seattle
    My vote goes to EMG DG-20 pickup set. I have a set in my Strat. Almost too clean for me.

12. Bach5G

Bach5G Strat-Talk Member

Feb 26, 2012
    BC
    I have a set of Rose Heritage (Alnico 2, no stagger) that keeping finding their way back into my guitars.