Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups

Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups

Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups Guitar Pickups

Which famous guitarist, if any, inspired you to buy your first Strat?

Discussion in 'Stratocaster Discussion Forum' started by AfroBill, Oct 24, 2018.

1. savofenno

savofenno Strat-O-Master

Feb 24, 2010
    Sweden

You see? Beach Boys`songs have too advanced harmonies and guitar parts to reproduce well for all musicians. Your try there succeeded to only 0,000000000001%, but you maybe get it right in 4,5 billion years, then you can dub your playing and singing to original video!

Don`t give up!

Yves likes this.
  2. Believer7713

Believer7713 Senior Stratmaster Silver Member

Dec 27, 2016
    US
    I really want inspired by anyone famous, per say, to get a strat. But my inspiration to play a strat was my cousin. He had this CAR MIJ strat with a maple board and a white pickguard that was the most beautiful thing I had ever seen and he could make it sing beautifully. The irony is that he was a better player back in college than I probably ever will be and now he's given that guitar to his brother-in-law and can't play a I IV VI V progression in any key.

Silvercrow, Yves and savofenno like this.
  3. musicalmartin

musicalmartin Strat-Talker

Oct 13, 2007
    UK norfolk

Hank B Marvin of the Shadows.Probably the only guitarist ever to had had a whole cooked meats add devoted to him

Last edited: Oct 26, 2018
  4. stratman323

stratman323 Dr. Stratster Strat-Talk Supporter

Apr 21, 2010
    London, UK
    .......on the assumption that Londoners say "I'm really Hank Marvin" when they are starvin(g). Unfortunately we don't.

So pretty crap ad really.....

Ebidis and Yves like this.
  5. musicalmartin

musicalmartin Strat-Talker

Oct 13, 2007
    UK norfolk
    I am a Londoner from the east end and never heard the phrase .I do know in the late 50's and early 60's a red FENDER strat was top of many budding guitarists most wanted list and few if any ever got one .Ifuggingconic or what ..... guv

6. Yves

Yves Senior Stratmaster

Jan 2, 2016
    London
    Ha! Ha! Ha! Nice turnaround there!
    I wish I knew how to do such clever tricks. But no, it wasn't me.

savofenno likes this.
  7. Yves

Yves Senior Stratmaster

Jan 2, 2016
    London
    I second that!

8. BuckNekkid

BuckNekkid Strat-Talker

Nov 28, 2016
    Virginia, USA
    My only knowledge of Jeff Healy was as the frontman for the band in Patrick Swayze's "Road House." That clip you posted was simply freakin' incredible!

BlurgyWurgyWibble likes this.
  9. evangilder

evangilder Strat-Talk Member

Sep 18, 2018
    Ventura, California
    Clapton and Gary Moore. Hearing the solo on "Empty Rooms' by Gary Moore was so soulful, it sent chills down my spine.

Silvercrow likes this.
  10. Loudstrat

Loudstrat Strat-Talker

Ritchie Blackmore, seconded by Eddie Van Halen. You just couldn't get their sounds on anything else.

Percy and evangilder like this.
  11. Murphcaster

Murphcaster Strat-O-Master

Oct 17, 2013
    West Virginia
    There wasn't a famous Strat player that I looked at/listened to and said, "I've gotta get a Strat". For me, it was the intrinsic sound of the Strat that I gravitated towards. It's just beautiful, IMO.

12. Nerd

Nerd Strat-Talk Member

Apr 7, 2014
    Woodley, GB
    Its gonna be either Belly Corgan or Mike McCready. Both highly underrated artists. But there's hell of a lot more in every decade since late 50's.

Kayden33 likes this.
  13. brians

brians Senior Stratmaster

Nov 28, 2016
    ZA
    On a first hand basis locally , it was Trevor Rabin, I was a school boy then, but of course all the big ones at that time

14. gwjensen

gwjensen Senior Stratmaster

Clapton was one of my inspirations to pick up the guitar in first place and my first one was a Strat, a birthday present from my wife.

I didn't play it for a long time, though, until my son Eric started getting into guitar, so HE inspired me and I've stuck with it ever since... So hats off to both Erics (my son Eric was not named after Clapton, but subconsciously, who knows...)

15. dbolt

dbolt Strat-Talker Strat-Talk Supporter

Sep 17, 2014
    NC
  16. Odysseus

Odysseus Strat-O-Master

Dec 16, 2012
    Lisbon, Portugal
    Jeff Beck.

I loved Rory's guitar - still the best-looking one I've ever seen - and the tone he got out of it, and I was in awe of Jimi. But it was only when I saw the Jeff Beck at Ronnie Scott's DVD that I realized just how many sounds can be wrung out of a single guitar, so I started looking for one the next day.

Last edited: Oct 27, 2018
    Silvercrow and mad axe man like this.
  17. stormin1155

stormin1155 Strat-Talker

Mar 18, 2014
    Iowa
    Hendrix and Blackmore. That would have been in '73. I don't remember much about it... bought it used, it was a sunburst, and it had the small headstock and 3-way switch. Would that have made it pre-CBS?

Silvercrow likes this.
  18. Willie D

Willie D Senior Stratmaster Strat-Talk Supporter

19. Chont

Chont Senior Stratmaster

Sep 25, 2012
    Pennsylvania
    A pair of Daves

upload_2018-10-26_14-42-56.png

Last edited: Oct 26, 2018
  20. hapiper

hapiper New Member!

Jun 8, 2016
    Washington
    Like so many others on here it was Eric Clapton. I couldn't afford one of the Fender signature models of his but I got one that matched his as close as I could as I thought (wrongly as it turns out) that the guitar had something to do withhow good he sounded.