Warmoth.com darrenriley.com Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups

Warmoth.com darrenriley.com Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups Guitar Pickups

Warmoth.com darrenriley.com Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups Guitar Pickups

Join Strat-Talk Today

Who can I send my squire to to RELIC?

Discussion in 'Squier Strat Forum' started by DBONE, Nov 22, 2017.

1. Stratoman10

Stratoman10 Most Honored Senior Member Strat-Talk Supporter

Aug 24, 2015
    Va. Beach, Va
    Send it to yourself. Play the snot out of it for about ten years. Make sure to get all sweaty and grimy before and during playing. Wipe it down with a damp rag every other year whether it needs it or not. Then send it back to yourself. :eek:

2. nederemer

nederemer Strat-O-Master

Oct 25, 2017
    Somerset, Kentucky, USA.
    First you're going to want to find a well ventilated area outdoors like your neighbors driveway (do not, I repeat do not use your own driveway.)

Next you are going to want to make a trip to the local grocery store and buy some supplies. Hopefully you're old enough to buy charcoal lighter fluid, and you may also want to purchase some baking soda (more on that later).

Ok so we are going to start by playing the wall by Pink Floyd in reverse and checking to see if it really syncs up with the wizard of oz mostly because I have always heard that it does.

Next, place the sacrificial, I mean the guitar you want reliced in the neighbors driveway and douse it with lighter fluid. Probably a good idea to throw a lot cigarette at it from a distance unless you like the smell of burnt hair at this point.

If you're doing it right it will look something like this. (See attached photo )(And it is strongly recommended you also assume this position - this is a 100% accurate photo depicting Jimi Hendrix relicing one of his stratocasters) tumblr_oq9atfOxnG1vc7vvvo1_500.jpg

The "level" of relicing depends entirely on the amount of time between start to "freakout and douse with baking soda". Would not recommend anything over 30 seconds. Unfortunately this method will also likely destroy some if not all functionality of the guitar but it will be cool as hell.

ZlurkCorzDog likes this.

3. Blackmore Fan

Blackmore Fan Senior Stratmaster

Jan 10, 2010
    The Midwest
    I would just tie it to the back of your car and drag it wherever you're going for Thanksgiving dinner.

4. Tomas83

Tomas83 Strat-Talker

Jul 30, 2014
    NE in the 4 corners
    ....Why don’t you just hitch it behind your car and drive on a dirt road with pebbles for 2 miles?...

5. Vjerilood

Vjerilood Strat-O-Master

Jul 30, 2017
    USA
    Put honey in the trem cavity and leave it outside a bear cave.

Viking and ZlurkCorzDog like this.

6. jaybones

jaybones Most Honored Senior Member

7. ZlurkCorzDog

ZlurkCorzDog The Artist Formerly Known As gt Strat-Talk Supporter

8. BuckNekkid

BuckNekkid Strat-Talker

Nov 28, 2016
    Virginia, USA
    I wonder who "invented" the relic look?

[​IMG]

Viking likes this.