Join Strat-Talk Today

Why is this big news?

Discussion in 'Sidewinders Bar & Grille' started by Guy Named Sue, Mar 14, 2019 at 2:49 PM.

1. Mr C

Mr C Senior Stratmaster

The problem with this is that these undeserving mediocrities go on to hold all the positions of power and influence in the media and politics and law etc. I don’t want to break the no politics prohibition but as an example if you look at Brexit and the caliber of political personnel the brits have handling it you can see the effect of wealth being more important than merit When selecting to elite schools...

RobZ69, ZlurkCorzDog and rolandson like this.
  2. fezz parka

fezz parka The Return of the Red Helmet Strat-Talk Supporter

3. Neil.C

Neil.C Most Honored Senior Member

I agree in the US that wealth is part and parcel of school selection but certainly disagree with your premise re wealth over merit on our Brexit negotiators. I think you have a very old fashioned view of British politics.

Theresa May our PM and main negotiator is the daughter of a vicar and regardless of her calibre she certainly didn't get to a position of power via wealth.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.