Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups

Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups

Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups Guitar Pickups

Wilkinson vintage trem

Discussion in 'Tech-Talk' started by staavie, Aug 7, 2018.

1. staavie

staavie New Member!

Jan 16, 2017
    belgium
    Hi...I will buy an wilkinson vintage trem like this one.(wilkinson-t-wvcs-c-tremolo )

Can you tell me where is it made ?japan or korea? and how can i see it?

Thanx all ;)
    Staavie

2. Skinny Nitro

Skinny Nitro Senior Stratmaster Strat-Talk Supporter

Jul 21, 2013
    Merseyside UK
    Last edited: Aug 7, 2018
  3. staavie

staavie New Member!

Jan 16, 2017
    belgium
    Thanx Skinny.
    I ask that because K-line guitars say that he use the wilkinson trem from allparts or WD .
    This are the words from k-line (Understand that these can come from two different sources. There are the Japanese made and hen the ones from Korea (which are known to be made in China and shipped to Korea for assembly). I only use the Japanese units from Alparts or WD. )
    staavie.

4. cappei

cappei Strat-O-Master

Jun 24, 2017
    Quillota, Valparaíso, Chile
    I got me a Wilkinson WV6SB , wich is a vintage trem, 6 bolts, steel block, Korean, lovely. The bad thing, is that, as many people has complained, they got this awfull sistem for the whammy bar, wich is a lil' bolt on the block that it's suposed to lock the bar. That is Cow's dad disposal! I tough it was brilliant the first time I saw it, but a dive bomb got me the bar on my hand
    The lil bolt popped right out when I pushed it and the bar is loose now. Being handy and all im gonna fix it.

As far as i Know, there are chinese wilkison stuff, this is specially acurate with pickups, wich aren't really wilki but licenced by em', those are MWS pickups. I would say that all parts that are like, steel built, are korean. Didn't know actually that where any Japanese made wilkinson hardware parts.

5. maqcatt

maqcatt Strat-O-Master

Sep 25, 2008
    silverdale wa
    You are referring to the little set screw in the block that adjusts tension of the bar.
    With the cheap Wilkinson trems, the threads strip very easily. I've had it happen several times.
    The Wilkinson trems made by Gotoh don't have this problem. They cost more (around $100) but they are among the best Strat bridge/tailpieces made.

S Mac

6. cappei

cappei Strat-O-Master

Jun 24, 2017
    Quillota, Valparaíso, Chile
    so whats the difference between a gotoh japanese bridge and a wilkinson japanese bridge? I tought that Wilkinson was cheap Gotoh.

7. maqcatt

maqcatt Strat-O-Master

Sep 25, 2008
    silverdale wa
    I can tell you that Wilkinson licences their name out to different manufacturers. The ones made by Gotoh (six point and two post) are great products.
    I use them in all my Strats and even like them better than the Callahams I've used.

S Mac