Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups

Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups Guitar Pickups

Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups Guitar Pickups

Join Strat-Talk Today

Worst text I have ever received:

Discussion in 'Sidewinders Bar & Grille' started by Dadocaster, Jan 13, 2018.

1. Dadocaster

Dadocaster Dr. Stratster Strat-Talk Supporter

From boyo: That funk song idea we were working with, move it up one fret and it's Superstition by Stevie Wonder

Doh!!!

2. Mr. Lumbergh

Mr. Lumbergh needs you to go ahead and come in on Sunday, too. Strat-Talk Supporter

Jan 10, 2014
    Initech, Inc.
    No, move Superstition down one fret, and it’s what y’all were working on.

Last edited: Jan 13, 2018

3. Dadocaster

This is what happens when I try to work up an idea to order. Most of the time, I unknowingly re-writes Stones songs so this is branching out.

I still need another song... :(

4. Paperback Rocker

Paperback Rocker Nitro-mancer Strat-Talk Supporter

Sep 18, 2014
    Victoria TX
    Reverse or scramble the notes, keep the same rhythm and timing, see if it sounds cool.

circles and Nate D like this.

5. Dadocaster

Naw, I'm pissed now. Fishing up lyrics for a more crazed vibe. Less Wonder, more Claypool. Trying to do something to let boyo stretch out on bass.

6. jaybones

jaybones Most Honored Senior Member Strat-Talk Supporter

Ah, I don't feel so bad now. I wrote The Needle and the Damage Done when I was just getting semicompetent on acoustic...

And I thought this was going to be autocorrect fail.

I was texting with my brother who asked me what else I was making to go with the grilled center cut pork chops. I replied hasbrowns, which the phone changed to barbarians.

He texted back "How are you cooking them?" I (thinking why is he asking me about how I'm cooking hashbrowns) said I was frying them. ????

He said "How do you keep them from climbing out of the pan?"

I still had no idea what he was talking about, and texted as such. He said "Dude, read through your texts."

Added hashbrowns to the phone's dictionary.

fattboyzz and Paperback Rocker like this.

7. newplayeroldguy

newplayeroldguy in the wind

May 12, 2015
    north and east
    Led Zeppelin never received a similar text

s5tuart, altar, circles and 1 other person like this.

8. Dadocaster

You have to have annoyingly talented kids to get those kind of texts.

CigBurn likes this.

9. fezz parka

fezz parka Off.... Strat-Talk Supporter

Apr 21, 2011
    Undisclosed.
    FWIW, moving it up a fret shouldn't matter. If you're playing Superstition, you're playing Superstition. Eb, E, A, C...doesn't matter. :)

10. Dadocaster

Yep. I think he was making fun of me for not only accidentally copping Stevie, but damn near doing it in the right key. :D

11. fezz parka

fezz parka Off.... Strat-Talk Supporter

Apr 21, 2011
    Undisclosed.
    I was writing a tune with my old band and I "came up" with this gorgeous melody to sit on top of what we were doing. I was so jazzed. It was killer.

My drummer Joe was grinning like an idiot. I thought he loved the tune. The he said "Chris, Carlos is gonna kick your ass. That's his stuff from Oye Como Va." And it was. Note for note. LOL

rolandson, circles and CigBurn like this.

12. jstewart

jstewart Strat-O-Master

Feb 10, 2013
    Toluca Lake
    I thought for sure opening this thread the op would have been from Hawaii.

jojosmith and Monkeyboy like this.

13. Ebidis

Ebidis Providing the world with flat bends since 1985 Strat-Talk Supporter

Nov 14, 2013
    Alabama
    It happens to me all the time.

A famous musician once said: "if you're not stealing from somebody, you should be."

Things get into our subconscious, and eventually they work their way out, and as Solomon said: "There is nothing new under the sun."

fezz parka and RobZ69 like this.

14. Dadocaster

To seque into another topic touched on earlier, for me it's mostly the Stones. So prolific over a long period of time THEY USED UP ALL THE GOOD SOUNDING LOW BROW PROGRESSIONS!! I have to assume the stole them from the blues guys but still...

Mansonienne likes this.

15. craigh

craigh Strat-Talker

Nov 20, 2016
    US
    As Keith Richards once said, “There is only one song that was ever written & Adam wrote it. Everyone else has stolen from that”. Or something similar.

Mansonienne likes this.

16. Tone Guru

Tone Guru Senior Stratmaster

Dec 13, 2011
    Music City TN
    They certainly would have if texts existed then ! :D

17. Monkeyboy

Monkeyboy Dr. Stratster Strat-Talk Supporter

Talentedly annoying ....does that count ?

18. dante1963

dante1963 Strat-Talker

Apr 28, 2016
    St. Louis
    There is a story that once, Duane Allman woke up in the middle of the night with a beautiful melody running through his head. He didn’t want to lose it, so he called a couple of his guys to meet him in the studio right away to get it down. They rushed, bleary-eyed, to the studio and Duane started playing. After a couple of minutes the first guy turned to the second and said “Do you want to tell him he’s playing “Classical Gas”, or should I?”

Dadocaster likes this.

19. stratman323

stratman323 Dr. Stratster Strat-Talk Supporter

Apr 21, 2010
    London, UK
    I saw an interview with Paul McCartney a while back about how he wrote one of his best loved songs. He woke up in the morning with a melody in his head, & he couldn't place where he had heard it. So he went round various people humming this tune to them, & they all responded the same - "no- never heard that before". Eventually he realised that he must have actually written it.

We know it as "Yesterday".

fezz parka and dante1963 like this.

20. Thrup'ny Bit

Thrup'ny Bit Grand Master Curmudgeon Strat-Talk Supporter

May 21, 2010
    Sheffield, UK
    If that's the worst text you've ever recieved, you should consider yourself a very lucky man indeed.

stratman323 likes this.