Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups

Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups Guitar Pickups

Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups Guitar Pickups

Join Strat-Talk Today

Yanni vs Laurel debate explained

Discussion in 'Sidewinders Bar & Grille' started by Guy Named Sue, May 16, 2018 at 4:23 AM.

1. bgmacaw

bgmacaw Strat-Talker

Dec 16, 2014
    Atlanta, GA
    And the people bowed and prayed
    To the neon god they made
    And the sign flashed out its warning
    In the words that it was forming
    And the sign said, the words of the prophets are written on the subway walls
    And tenement halls
    And whispered in the sounds of silence

2. ChukkerNation

ChukkerNation Strat-O-Master

Apr 9, 2015
    Magrathea
    Honestly, I thought the dress thing and this one are kind of fun. We constantly disagree on politics or we are bombarded by the latest Kardashian shenanigans. Something like this gives you a chance to talk to a stranger about something fun, forgetting your differences and connecting over something fun.

3. STRATCATMAN

STRATCATMAN Strat-Talk Member

Jan 12, 2010
    Orange County
    Thank you for demonstrating Sue! I really understand how this can bother a person.

Guy Named Sue likes this.

4. carver

carver The East Coast Strangler Strat-Talk Supporter

yeah you can, but I can still click through and think "well thats just stupid"

and this, is very stupid.

5. jojosmith

jojosmith Strat-Talker

Nov 4, 2014
    UK
    Hmm...so pepople hear different things from the same sound? Explains why when I play guitar, I think I sound good, whereas my wife thinks the opposite.

6. henderman

henderman Most Honored Senior Member

Dec 4, 2013
    largo,fl
    Our whole existence is Monty Python skit material.

Can you imagine how many wars were started with "good morning" but the other party heard "your mama is like a screen door...."

7. JustABluesGuy

JustABluesGuy Strat-O-Master

Sep 3, 2016
    Houston, TX
    I thought he was making a comment about non-news stories being presented “as news” or interspersed with it.

When I want to see news I am usually forced to wade through celebrity gossip, sports, self help segments, and great shopping deals, none of which are actually news.

In a typical 30 minute network news broadcast, you might be lucky to get 3-5 minutes of “real” news, with the rest being commercials and other non-news fluff.

8. ChukkerNation

Apr 9, 2015
    Magrathea
    Blame the internet and us for that. Before the internet, news outlets printed serious news because they thought that’s what we wanted. For the fringe folks, there were the tabloids. Then they could monitor what we were interested in by what we click on. It turns out that Iranian nuclear deals were far less interesting than who Taylor Swift is currently dating. Collectively, we have to look in the mirror for why the news is full of non-news. I try and do my part. I refuse to click on links when I am on a valid news source website that are non-news.

9. rich815

rich815 Strat-Talker Strat-Talk Supporter

Exactly. It’s totally banal and commonplace that some people see an object a completely different color than others? Or hear a different word than you swear you just heard?

I think some people just like to ***** and moan about the internet sometimes. How do you feel about factory-relic guitars by the way? Maple vs rosewood guitar necks? Talk about stupid debates...

CalicoSkies likes this.

10. Mutnemom52

Mutnemom52 Strat-Talker

Apr 3, 2018
    Kentucky
    I heard "I AM THE GOD OF HELLFIRE,AND I BRING YOU FIRE!"

henderman and Silvercrow like this.

11. Mr. Lumbergh

Mr. Lumbergh needs you to go ahead and come in on Sunday, too. Strat-Talk Supporter

Jan 10, 2014
    Initech, Inc.
    You must’ve played it backwards.

Silvercrow and Mutnemom52 like this.

12. STRATCATMAN

Jan 12, 2010
    Orange County

Can of worms opening here.........maybe it is saying "The Larch."

henderman likes this.

13. rocknrollrich

rocknrollrich Senior Stratmaster

Jan 8, 2016
    philadelphia
    It is actually a pretty interesting subject, how we humans perceive things.
    In fact, it has been studied and shown, just how easy it is to trick our brains.

It's amazing really, how much our brains "fill in the gaps" for what our senses give it.
    In the end tho, we bare the stamp of our lowly origins.
    We were experts in hunting and eating, while not getting eaten.
    We are not particularly well suited to seeing reality as it is. We see what we need to for survival.

14. ChukkerNation

Apr 9, 2015
    Magrathea
    Think of this thread the next time you read someone’s impressions on an amp or a set of pickups.

15. Namelyguitar

Namelyguitar Most Honored Senior Member Strat-Talk Supporter

Jun 3, 2009
    Mobile Bay
    To the nerd in the video:

It's pronounced LAW-URL (Not LOR-URL.) Just cuz I live in the Southern U.S. has nuttin' to do with the correct pronounciation.
    :whistling:

16. STRATCATMAN

Jan 12, 2010
    Orange County
    I'm no expert but, I do know that tones project a fifth of the scale which is part of the reason we and animals hear stuff the way we do.