Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups

Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups

Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups Guitar Pickups

Yeah man, those Squier Bullet Strats ...

Discussion in 'Squier Strat Forum' started by Rob DiStefano, Oct 11, 2018.

1. That635Guy

That635Guy Strat-Talker

Oct 26, 2017
    Delaware Ohio
    I like the olive green. For a second I thought you said the olive green was relic’d and it doesn’t look that way.

2. brians

brians Senior Stratmaster

Nov 28, 2016
    ZA
    Yes that olive green is GOOD

3. Strat Jacket

Strat Jacket Senior Stratmaster

May 11, 2018
    Illinois
    I agree. Looks better than some of the standard Fender colors!

4. Thrup'ny Bit

Thrup'ny Bit Grand Master Curmudgeon Strat-Talk Supporter

May 21, 2010
    Sheffield, UK
    I'm almost tempted to buy one, just for them hell of it...

Groovey, anticarnist and Strat Jacket like this.
  5. Strat Jacket

May 11, 2018
    Illinois
    You and me both.

anticarnist and Thrup'ny Bit like this.
  6. Jason99

Jason99 Senior Stratmaster

Mar 26, 2014
    Los Angeles
    Better ask the wife first:)

7. Thrup'ny Bit

May 21, 2010
    Sheffield, UK
    Why? Do you think she wants one too?

benjammin420, brians and Strat Jacket like this.
  8. Jason99

Jason99 Senior Stratmaster

Mar 26, 2014
    Los Angeles
    No. No I don't think that.

9. Strat Jacket

May 11, 2018
    Illinois
    Make it pink...:p

10. Thrup'ny Bit

May 21, 2010
    Sheffield, UK
    We already have one pink Squier. I may get a white SSS Bullet. I played one on Tuesday, I didn't not like it.

11. joe_cpwe

joe_cpwe Senior Stratmaster

Jul 21, 2015
    USA
    I bought a Bullet in an Arizona pawn shop for my daughter, a decent guitar. It allowed her to sell her Epi SG and then pocket the $$ as a broke college student. It also gives her tone (single coils) that were more to her liking. I also think she prefers the longer scale.

It's a good guitar, but doesn't hang with my Fenders in feel or tone (pickups). I'm sure with some work and a pickup swap I'd like it even more.

Edit: this was the NGD post

12. archetype

archetype Strat-O-Master

Nov 26, 2016
    Williamsville NY
    My 2 Bullet Strats from 2017 have really nice, dark, straight-grained rosewood boards.

johnnymg likes this.
  13. brians

brians Senior Stratmaster

Nov 28, 2016
    ZA
    So you didn't like it but you may buy it.....thinking? Oh my bad , you didn't not like it, this English language of ours, didn't not like it must mean liked it , hmmm

Thrup'ny Bit likes this.
  14. StratEdgy

StratEdgy Strat-Talk Member

Jul 13, 2017
    NW Coast USA
    Gospel, Preacher! The Indonesian Bullet Tele that I just got at MF for $129 shipped agrees with your obsevations!
    I have never been a Strat guy, but the feel and quality of that Indonesian Bullet Tele made ordering a one of these $119 bullet strats a 'must'. Then I find this thread by Rob, which says it all!

Strat Jacket likes this.
  15. StratEdgy

Jul 13, 2017
    NW Coast USA
    Rob, are you going to start selling Strat pickups ?

16. StratEdgy

Jul 13, 2017
    NW Coast USA
    Well, my Special Edition Sea Foam Green Bullet Strat arrived yesterday. It looks just like all the pictures posted so far, but the color is more vivid when you are actually holding it. The neck is straight, the action is low, the factory setup is superb, and it was even still mostly in tune too (!) Which was a big surprise since it has a 2017 manufacture date, the box was still factory stapled, and it travelled from Indonesia to the MF warehouse, sat, then travelled via UPS to my house.

The ceramic pickups are pretty nice, it feels under 7 pounds, and is very resonant. It agrees with all the good things folk are saying about it. Such a deal!

My plan is to put in a set of GFS Premium alnico ii pickups, and go from there. The tuners seem adequate right now. It has been 20 years since I've had a Strat (MIM 50s) so this is making me giddy.:p

Last edited: Nov 2, 2018
    Viking, brians and johnnymg like this.
  17. Strat Jacket

May 11, 2018
    Illinois
    HNGD! @StratEdgy. Glad you are liking it! You guys are making me want to snag one *just because* as a backup.

StratEdgy likes this.
  18. Bigdogdaddy

Bigdogdaddy Strat-Talker Gold Member

Aug 8, 2018
    Kansas
    I picked up my first bullet for 35. Not sure what I'm going to do with it. I may just flip it or part it out. Haven't pulled the pick guard off yet to see the routing. 45215909_1902366543133362_1582649187483254784_n.jpg 45228730_347801092645117_3131328009743630336_n.jpg 45011712_368467387227142_3719572670543560704_n.jpg

Strat Jacket and StratEdgy like this.
  19. kingdoublecut

kingdoublecut Strat-Talk Member

Jan 28, 2018
    Cape Coral, FL
    That's a Squier Special Bullet you got there. When you pull the pick guard you will find one of, at least, three different routs. I just bought one on CL and found it had a full HSH rout. Wasn't expecting the plywood body, but it is so light weight that I don't really care. Gel coat they put over it makes it smooth as glass. Was Ice Blue Met. but I painted itHusqvarna Orange and it will get GFS Vintage P-90s (n/b) and a GFS Metro Brian May style middle. All black hardware and it will be sweet!

20. StratEdgy

Jul 13, 2017
    NW Coast USA
    So I got my Sea Foam Green Bullet SSS Strat all set up now.

No changes to the hardware, except to connect the bridge pickup to the bottom tone control. I wonder why Strats come without it? They are much more versatile with adjustable bridge tone. Anyway, it's a simple mod to add in a little jumper wire on the 5-way switch.

I did not upgrade the pickups as I had originally planned, because I found that I really liked the stock ceramic ones. They sound fat and clear, not shrill at all.

I semi-decked the the bridge by using the trem arm to hold the bridge flat to the body while I tightened down the second and fifth screws on the front edge , leaving the 1,3,4, and 6 screwheads about a 1/16" up. I did not remove any of the 3 springs or adjust the claw screws. Then I removed the trem bar, as I don't use it. I put on some D'addario 10-46 balanced tension strings. This configuration stays in tune with the stock tuners, and still has good spring 'verb sound.

Overall I am super thrilled and impressed with everything about this inexpensive Bullet Strat. Good job Squier Indonesia!

brians and johnnymg like this.