Join Strat-Talk Today

Sale or Trade 1969 Twin Reverb Drip Edge

Discussion in 'Amps... for sale, trade or wanted' started by nederemer, Dec 12, 2019.

1. nederemer

nederemer Senior Stratmaster

For sale or possible trade (Telecaster? FRFR cab + $?)

[​IMG]

1969 Twin Reverb - The original baffle is gone (unless this was originally a 1x15 which I have heard they did make) In any event it has a 15 inch Electro Voice SRO 15 speaker. Sounds great. I just rarely play it as I prefer my super sonic 22 because of the overdrive / fat switch. This is obviously very heavy, it weighs about 85 lbs. That being said I would prefer not to ship it. I am located an hour south of Lexington Kentucky and would gladly meet somewhere.

This is a somewhat original amp, other than the speaker and baffle/cloth (cloth is reproduction the period correct blue thread instead of teal). Someone has also modded a master volume control into the vibrato pedal spot. I recently had some work done on this by a fender certified tech in Richmond Kentucky. He replaced the filter caps, they were obviously very old, maybe a resistor or two, a knob (one of them was gone (see the new knob - interestingly there is an original knob on the back in the master volume spot so that could easy be swapped to the front) the cord has been replaced with a grounded 3 prog cord, the death cap removed. He mounted the reverb tank to the base of the cabinet. Unfortunately I think it is mounted too tightly right now because turning the reverb up above 4 causes a feedback loop. That is an easy fix. I have all of the parts that were replaced and will include them.

This would be a great amp for a tinkerer - that's not me though. I prefer to just pick up and play. I am asking I would like to get out of it at least what I have put in which at this point is about $600-650. if there is a trade involved that would be more around the $700 range.

3bolt79 and Nick-O like this.
  2. pierce

pierce Strat-Talker

vibrosonic is the single 15 twin should say it on the tube chart. Is the 15 a coffee can style mag or the flat evm 15
    [​IMG] or [​IMG]

3bolt79 likes this.
  3. nederemer

It's the top version of the speaker.

3bolt79 likes this.
  4. pierce

pierce Strat-Talker

back in the day... the coffee can was a 250 dollar speaker the other is "just" an evm15 that was OEM for a lot of amps. some say SRO/KUSTOM

5. nederemer

Ah yeah. It is the coffee can, really great sounding amplifier. I just don't play it often.

6. Bill Moore

Bill Moore Strat-Talk Member

I built a clone with an SRO 15", and love it with guitar or pedal steel! Last year a cousin came to visit, and I brought my clone for him to play his A/E guitar through, it was heavenly!

nederemer likes this.
  7. nederemer

Yeah they really are. For a time I had half of the power tubes pulled to make it essentially a one channel faux vibroverb (minus the tube rectifier because the twin's is solid state). I played it like that for a while. I like the amp quite a bit, but I just have other stuff - so something's got to go!

8. SYCORAX

SYCORAX Strat-Talker

Dang I wish I lived on that side of the country! That's it I'm moving! You guys got all the goods over there. Lol.

9. Musekatcher

Musekatcher Strat-O-Master

I already have a '70 w/JBLs, and a "75" (2 6L6s and a 15"), or I'd be in touch. I'd love to have that speaker.

10. Achyskic

Achyskic Senior Stratmaster

Are you near Morehead ky?

11. nederemer

About an hour and a half from it.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.