1990 Fender USA Stratocaster questions

elateditse

Strat-Talk Member
May 23, 2022
Moldova
hi, i saw recently a 90s fender usa strat in my city, and wanted to buy it, the price seems a bit high tho, they want 1200 euros for it (roughly 1300$), the guitar had a refret with stainless steel frets, and has a push pull mod that activates all 3 pickups.......the guitar does have a couple of digs and wear and tear...but cosmetic wear doesn't really bother me too much.. the serial number N993182 seems legit... i managed to negotitate to trade my prs se custom 24 and 300 euros, but haven't pulled the trigger yet,..i tried to find more info about the guitar online but there sadly isn't much about 90s fender usa strats.. i would appreciate some advice!

Guitarmageddon

Dr. Stratster
Apr 19, 2014
Canada
hi, i saw recently a 90s fender usa strat in my city, and wanted to buy it, the price seems a bit high tho, they want 1200 euros for it (roughly 1300$), the guitar had a refret with stainless steel frets, and has a push pull mod that activates all 3 pickups.......the guitar does have a couple of digs and wear and tear...but cosmetic wear doesn't really bother me too much.. the serial number N993182 seems legit... i managed to negotitate to trade my prs se custom 24 and 300 euros, but haven't pulled the trigger yet,..i tried to find more info about the guitar online but there sadly isn't much about 90s fender usa strats.. i would appreciate some advice!

We need to see photos, it might be fake.....

The price is ridiculous though.....too high.....

in Moldova, there is a HUGE market for fake Fender products, I have seen the most fakes out of Eastern Europe compared to anywhere else

elateditse

Strat-Talk Member
May 23, 2022
Moldova
We need to see photos, it might be fake.....

The price is ridiculous though.....too high.....

in Moldova, there is a HUGE market for fake Fender products, I have seen the most fakes out of Eastern Europe compared to anywhere else
indeed, i dont trust the local guitar shops, they have fake fenders, listed as legit....we use this site (kinda like craiglist) called 999md, to sell all kinds of stuff, so thats where i found this real 90s strat...