Join Strat-Talk Today

1HB Strat progress

Discussion in 'DIY Strat Forum' started by TinyTree, Sep 16, 2019.

1. TinyTree

TinyTree Strat-Talk Member

This was my first electric guitar. It was a Monterey brand strat copy at one point. I modified it over time and went to install a new pickup one day, and used a chisel on it. I neglected to remember that Chinese wood doesn't like chisels and it went right through the body, putting a massive hole in it. I put it aside and used everything except the neck and body for other projects. A while later I decided I wanted to repair it. I had the hole routed out to a perfect rectangle, plugged with some wood, and sanded flush. Then I had my local luthier finish it in a pearl white. I also ordered a custom decal. When it's done it'll have a black guard with a push/pull volume (+treble bleed), 1 DiMarzio PAF 36th Anniversary Edition, a black Original Floyd Rose, and chrome hardware.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Sep 17, 2019
    Bob the builder and MrNeutron like this.
  2. MrNeutron

MrNeutron Strat-Talker

I think it's gonna look GREAT!!!! :thumb:

Then again, I am a bit partial to White-bodied guitars with dark fretboards......... :whistling:

TinyTree likes this.
  3. TinyTree

TinyTree Strat-Talk Member

Strat_complete.jpeg All done!

HighwayStar106 and 3bolt79 like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.