1st Shot Today (UPDATE)

Discussion in 'Sidewinders Bar & Grille' started by Antstrat, Mar 25, 2021.

1. Ironwolf

Ironwolf Strat-O-Master

I'm due for my second Pfizer shot on Saturday. With the first one, my arm was sore for about 3 or 4 hours, and that was it.

2. CB91710

CB91710 No GAS shortage here Double Platinum Supporting Member

I feel the same way, but my employer is strongly encouraging us, and is providing them at no charge and on the clock. Public Works was 3rd in line after Fire and PD.
    If they want to give me a couple of afternoons off, I'll take them.

I'm expecting to be notified to schedule my 2nd Moderna next week.

StratoMutt and 3bolt79 like this.
  3. LeftCoast

LeftCoast Strat-Talker

I got my second Pfizer shot on Friday. No real side effects other than a couple small spates of lightheadedness.

The biggest problem in not getting vaccinated now is that when you do get it (and yes, you will get it), it'll be a more virulent strain, as they are becoming dominant here in the US.

Of course, the main job of a virus is to reproduce and to spread to other hosts; the more it bounces around, the more it mutates into something more virulent...a viscous cycle. Our collective best strategy is to nip it, nip it in the bud, as a popular TV deputy used to say.

GL to everyone, and nice thread, @Antstrat

Caddy, stratman323, rolandson and 5 others like this.
  4. Daddypantz

Daddypantz Strat-Talker

Got Pfizer #1 last Wednesday and scheduled for the second on April 15. Site of the injection felt like a moderate bruise for about a day and a half - not severe at all. Otherwise felt fine. Hope the next is as good! Yes, good luck to all!

5. wstsdr

wstsdr Strat-Talk Member

Got Pfizer #1 today. Got the same bruise at site of injection. But I feel great and seem to have cleared up my double vision double vision.

6. Seamus OReally

Seamus OReally Mr. Serious Gold Supporting Member

Here’s a nice side effect: knowing that even one dose of the Moderna juice is about 80% effective (and Lisa being fully Pfizerized), we got to hang out, maskless, with our sons and grandsons this weekend. Aiden, Jenn, Everett and baby Owen on Saturday; Noah, Kelli and Ronin on Sunday. Left us happy and exhausted. I’ll be fully krëusened April 18 at 11:15 AM, but we’ll both continue to wear masks in public out of courtesy to others.

3bolt79, Caddy, Daddypantz and 8 others like this.
  7. Meghans Dad

Meghans Dad Strat-Talker Gold Supporting Member

Got my second shot (Moderna) today, no side affects or GAS so far, but my Twin Reverb doesn't seem loud enough tonight. Are Super Reverbs louder than Twins. I am getting the urge for a bigger amp.:sneaky:

3bolt79, mkgearhead, wstsdr and 2 others like this.
  8. rolandson

rolandson Dr. Stratster

Following the rather unpleasant experience with the Shingrix vaccine I had to ask myself whether I was really willing to take the chance that this would be similar...

The answer I arrived at was telling in its simplicity: Who am I willing to put at risk?

After all, it's not about getting the virus, it's about giving it.

It has been well established that a fair number of people who test positive present absolutely no symptoms. Zero. Zip. Nada.

However, these same people are just as capable of spreading the virus as the lady next to you at the bus stop-grocery store-gas station, who just hacked up a lung.

So, who are y'all willing to put at risk?

In my case, as spouse and I are hermits, it would be her. Except...I'm not going to play dice with her well being. Nor is she with mine.

If I was living alone, never contacting another, no family to think of or animals that I care about depending on me...I might think differently. Might...

Because from what the spouse of a friend of daughter shared about her husband's death from covid...there was nothing easy or gentle or quick about it.

So I got the shot. And, I expect that covid vaccines will be as much a part of our lives as flu shots are.

So, ain't no thing...it's not like you intend to infect anyone, right?

StratoMutt, 3bolt79, Caddy and 5 others like this.
  9. Antstrat

Antstrat Most Honored Senior Member

Don’t gamble with your health, get the Super Reverb.

10. stratman323

stratman323 Dr. Stratster

What a nice calm, rational post from someone who remembers how scary things were 12 months ago.

11. Andrew Wasson

Andrew Wasson Senior Stratmaster

I’m heading in for mine in about 11 hours. Gotta get some rest for the big day!

12. stratman323

stratman323 Dr. Stratster

New Covid vaccines needed globally within a year, say scientists
    https://www.theguardian.com/world/2...tm_source=esp&utm_medium=Email&CMP=GTUK_email

Survey of experts in relevant fields concludes that new variants could arise in countries with low vaccine coverage. Persistent low vaccine coverage in many countries would make it more likely for vaccine-resistant mutations to appear, said 88% of the respondents.

So it might be one citizen's democratic right to refuse to be vaccinated, but it's a very unpatriotic thing to do.

Caddy, Andrew Wasson and mkgearhead like this.
  13. LeftCoast

LeftCoast Strat-Talker

Dude...I did a thread about you...not. LOL.

GL.

3bolt79, Andrew Wasson and CapCrunch like this.
  14. LeftCoast

LeftCoast Strat-Talker

Yes, the US will soon have a glut of vaccine, and we need to figure-out how to get it distributed throughout the world. Obviously, walls and wishes don't keep out viruses, and we'll all pay the price the longer this stuff keeps kicking around.

15. ToneRanger

ToneRanger Most Honored Senior Member

Got Moderna #1 yesterday - feels like I got hit in the arm with a bat, but that is the only side effect for now.
    My wife had COVID back in Nov, and they said the reaction can be stronger in folks that have already had it and recovered because their body recognizes the virus and attacks it immediately.
    Her shot is Friday, so we'll have to see how she does...

16. CapCrunch

CapCrunch Strat-Talker

Got the J&J yesterday. A friend told us his friend had leftover doses and had to be used so, wife, son and I got it.

I am grateful for the opportunity to get it and hope that everyone that wants it is able to get it.

Feel a bit tired today, not sure if its the vax or just didn't sleep well. Gonna take it easy today.

17. Stevn

Stevn Senior Stratmaster

W
    well, I ended up with a Harley Benton Les Paul gold top. So there’s that...
    :)

18. Andrew Wasson

Andrew Wasson Senior Stratmaster

A friend of mine in the US had hers a week ago and asked if her husband could get in. They told her to get him to come back at the end of the day in case they had spares. He was one of three who got a spare injection.

19. JDug

JDug Strat-O-Master Gold Supporting Member

Well.......I was supposed to get my first Pfizer dose tomorrow, but....I was feeling under the weather yesterday, and last night I felt real crappy; headache, low grade fever, chills, muscle pains. so I called out again this morning and got a nasal swab test, yep, tested positive for Covid!

But hey, I tested negative for the flu!

Did anyone hear that once someone tests positive, they have to wait a whole three months before they can get the vaccine?

Gotta ask my doc when he opens up in a little while.

Nadnitram, CB91710 and 3bolt79 like this.
  20. ToneRanger

ToneRanger Most Honored Senior Member

You do not have to wait 3 months - I have friends that caught COVID in February that got the vaccine recently - their doctors suggested it because of the variant strains.
    As I mentioned earlier though, the side effects were stronger due to your body having had the virus before.

Baelzebub, Andrew Wasson and JDug like this.