Join Strat-Talk Today

2 gigs at the weekend, they're gonna hurt, damn :(

Discussion in 'Sidewinders Bar & Grille' started by SachaPlusDeluxe, Oct 9, 2019.

1. SachaPlusDeluxe

SachaPlusDeluxe Strat-O-Master Strat-Talk Supporter

2. Tone Deaf

Tone Deaf Senior Stratmaster

Superglue?

spellcaster, Grux and SachaPlusDeluxe like this.
  3. SachaPlusDeluxe

Yep that's the plan :)

Tone Deaf likes this.
  4. StratSounds

StratSounds Senior Stratmaster

Keep some Neosporin on it over the next couple of days, might surprise you how much it heals by the weekend, especially since it doesn’t look very deep.

5. rocknrollrich

rocknrollrich Senior Stratmaster

They are the worst.
    Occasionally, I'll get a tiny one that i can barely see, but if I apply any pressure on it..... yoweee!

SachaPlusDeluxe likes this.
  6. Stratimimus

Stratimimus Strat-Talker

I did this a week ago last Friday. Middle finger on left hand. Fortunately no gigs that weekend. I superglued it immediately, but that didn't hold it all closed enough. Half of it healed by Tuesday, but the other half was still open. I then used some Steri Strips to hold it closed tightly, stayed away from my guitar for 2 days and it was healed well enough to play acoustic on Sunday. Played at a fundraiser last night and applied some New sSkin beforehand. That helped as it was still a wee bit tender.

IMG_2059.jpeg

7. SachaPlusDeluxe

Damn, thats bad :(

8. Silvercrow

Silvercrow Senior Stratmaster

WOW! Praying for quick healing @Stratimimus

Re: your last week's injury: I feel your pain...literally. Mine was on the "pad" between tip and first joint. Some Dr. applied Dermabond (super glue tinted blue, with 700% markup..seriously) and it's healed fine!

Yours being RIGHT on the tip though...YOWEE! I won't ask how you did it...admittedly mine was 'moron stupid'; slicing a small loaf of Italian whole HOLDING the loaf :oops:

Best prayers for healing and a great two gigs in spite of!

Brian

9. Stratimimus

Stratimimus Strat-Talker

Mine was caused by moronic distraction. I was on speaker phone talking to a drummer friend while preparing my dog's lunch, which includes a half can of no-salt green beans. My daily routine: I open one end of the can most of the way around, leaving a small tab connected so I can bend the lid up. After giving my dog his meal I open the other end of the can (most of the way, as I do every day), then push the ends in towards each other and flatten the can. I was talking and did all the can stuff in a hurry, putting that finger in too far and pushed the one lid right into it. Had I done it slower I may have gotten it out of the way, but no... I was trying to multitask and paid the price.

Not to worry. One week later it was pretty much healed... just a tiny bit tender in one spot... and it's almost unnoticeable now. Nine days after cutting myself I played an acoustic gig. My fingers all hurt because I hadn't had a gig in over 3 weeks and .011 gage acoustic strings about killed me, so I didn't notice the cut finger hurting any worse :D. But that gig acted as a good "toughening up" exercise. :eek:

Yeah, it was bad, but it you had to play 2 gigs just after slicing your finger that would be just as bad. I cut my finger on a Friday, and if the gig had been on Sat or Sun I would've had to cancel... or play with 3 fingers.

Last edited: Oct 9, 2019
    Chicago Matt likes this.
  10. Cerb

Cerb Most Honored Senior Member Strat-Talk Supporter

Looks like you fought an envelope and lost!

Good luck!

11. roadhog96

roadhog96 Strat-O-Master

I was going to suggest superglue for this thread but its been mentioned already, it does work but Holy crap that hurts just looking at it, WTF did you do to it? You need stitches, pain meds or something.

12. circles

circles artificial life form Strat-Talk Supporter

Yikes! That hurts just looking at it.

13. Groovey

Groovey Most Honored Senior Member Strat-Talk Supporter

Ouch. Never underestimate the pain of a paper cut rubbed against guitar stringa...

14. Swingbass

Swingbass Senior Stratmaster

Two days ago had a shot of Hydrocortisone for trigger finger into my left hand palm. Yesterday a hard small pea sized lump appeared on the bottom of my left index finger right at the mid knuckle joint. It appears to be blue as I can see it under the skin. I went to the doctor and he said he didn't know what it was or why it could have appeared coincidentally to the injection. I have golf and a gig coming up. It should be interesting for both. Maybe for the gig I'll just play slide all night.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.