Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups

Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups Guitar Pickups

Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups Guitar Pickups

Join Strat-Talk Today

2 pre cbs Strats. 2 totally different sounds..?

Discussion in 'Pre-CBS Strats (before 1966)' started by niksevig119, May 14, 2017.

1. inra311

inra311 Strat-Talker

Oct 12, 2008
    Europe
    Two Strats will always sound different, even with all parts 'identical'. I wonder if there were ever two Strats that DO sound the same??

From my eperience most important is the wood. And not only the kind of wood but the individual piece. When I started in the 70ies I also was sure I just had to exchange pickups... wrong, s I had to find out some $$$ later :(

Your two guitars should have the same sound difference when played unplugged.

2. slavenoid

slavenoid Strat-Talk Member

Jul 8, 2011
    NEW ORLEANS LA
    Similar experience recently. My #1 is my 57 and I use it every gig. ( in my avatar.) Could not imagine anything sounding better. Recently picked up at a low price a 76 with the thick poly finish and other negative things. It was routed for a bridge hum bucker, brass nut etc etc. Orig pickups neck and middle, and my tech put in some old strat pickup we had around in the bridge position, and I figured I would sell it to fund the disease for other stuff. Well this thing has sounds that the 57 cannot achieve and has some "Clapton" tones that are amazing --so, now I have to keep it!

sikoniko likes this.

3. Bopocaster

Bopocaster Strat-Talker

Jan 8, 2017
    Seattle
    I have played multiple Strats at NAMM at the Fender booths and they really vary greatly. It is always a surprise when identical Strats sound so different

4. roger@pennyflic

roger@pennyflic Strat-O-Master

Jul 4, 2013
    melbourne
    What's wrong with me. I can never hear any difference:thumbd: