2001 American Standard Strat Identification help please

Rkphilpot

Strat-Talk Member
May 4, 2020
Essex
I emailed Fender and they verified that only 100 were made. As seen in email.

Thanks to those that are happy for me, I hope the wife is on that side.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210725_133401_com.google.android.gm.jpg
    Screenshot_20210725_133401_com.google.android.gm.jpg
    159.5 KB · Views: 18

Guitarmageddon

Dr. Stratster
Apr 19, 2014
Windsor, Ontario, Canada
I emailed Fender and they verified that only 100 were made. As seen in email.

Thanks to those that are happy for me, I hope the wife is on that side.

That changes EVERYTHING! I thought it was a load of bull - every single time I see somebody or a shop selling a guitar, I always 100% assume that every single thing said is a lie, and do my own research....

You got a nice guitar there! It's not overpriced.....

Rkphilpot

Strat-Talk Member
May 4, 2020
Essex
That changes EVERYTHING! I thought it was a load of bull - every single time I see somebody or a shop selling a guitar, I always 100% assume that every single thing said is a lie, and do my own research....

You got a nice guitar there! It's not overpriced.....

Me too, hence coming to you guys, emailing Fender and I even messaged to old shop that had the other reverb listing I see if they thought it was overpriced.

I can't tell if you're being sarcastic now or not lol

Guitarmageddon

Dr. Stratster
Apr 19, 2014
Windsor, Ontario, Canada
Me too, hence coming to you guys, emailing Fender and I even messaged to old shop that had the other reverb listing I see if they thought it was overpriced.

I can't tell if you're being sarcastic now or not lol

I am autistic, I don't do sarcasm but often people think I'm doing it lol

I'm 100% serious, flipped around 180 degrees.....I had no idea only 100 existed

J4ME5

Strat-O-Master
Sep 1, 2020
X
I hope the wife is on that side.
Tell her you... shrewdly – and mercilessly – drove the seller down to £500!! – and you'd like to treat her to lunch to celebrate your victory, and she'll be happy :) !!

Make sure and keep us updated anyway – it would be great to see / hear how you get on! With regards to the guitar of course... - not the lunch!

John C

Most Honored Senior Member
Silver Member
Jul 17, 2012
Kansas City
Congrats; that is a very cool color - one of only 100 made.

Of course - we will hold you to the full report and fresh pictures once you get it.:D

Wrighty

Dr. Stratster
Mar 7, 2013
Harlow, Essex, UK
View attachment 496361 View attachment 496362 View attachment 496363 View attachment 496364 Hi all
I'm potentially buying this strat for £1180 and I may be dumb enough to do it without playing it. It's an 8 hour drive away. Do you think it's worth the price and if I don't like it could I make my money back?

1 of 100 made, FSR Metallic Coral finish

SPECS
Model Name – FSR American Stratocaster
Series – American Series
Body Material – Alder
Neck Material – Maple
Fingerboard – Rosewood
Fingerboard Radius – 9.5” (241mm)
Number of Frets – 22
Fret Size – Medium Jumbo
Scale Length – 25.5” (648mm)
Nut Width – 1.6875” (43mm)
Hardware – Chrome
Machine Heads – Fender/Schaller Deluxe Cast Sealed
Bridge – American Strat 2-point Tremolo with milled stainless-steel saddles
Pickguard – 3-Ply “Parchment”
Pickups – 3 American Strat Single Coil Pickups

MBWfyYL
View attachment 496361 View attachment 496362 View attachment 496363

I live in Essex and am trying to work what’s 8 hours away, Scotland?

Wrighty

Dr. Stratster
Mar 7, 2013
Harlow, Essex, UK
Yes mate about an hour north of Glasgow. About 8 hours with a pitstop and likely traffic.

A trek I’ve done many times some years back when I worked in aviation, used to stay in Stirling. Made a rule early on that anything beyond Manchester was an over night stay. Looking at that guitar and what he’s asking for it I’d say it was well worth the trip.

Rkphilpot

Strat-Talk Member
May 4, 2020
Essex
So, it came yesterday. Parcel Force kindly left it outside my front door all day. Thankfully it was still there!

Its beautiful, a great colour, if a little more salmon than I expected. Plays wonderfully, the neck is really nice, smooth with nice rounded edges, the frets are in great condition. Seems to have barely been played, tiny bit of buckle rash on the back but the spring cavity cover still has the plastic film on it. I took the neck off and the body and neck stamp read may and June 2001, with the Luthiers initials, so its definitely all legit, it also has the original tag that has all the Fender QC numbers on it.
It sounds great, pretty classic Strat sounds, but here in lies my problem........

I can never leave things alone. My last 1993 Strat, I put a hotrail in the bridge, this one id really like to try to put some Ron Ellis 50/60's in, or try some Texas specials or fat 50's. Just to make the pickups slightly creamier and with a little more bottom end. However as its 1 of 100 and in such good condition I don't know whether to leave it as standard and treat it as an investment. If I gig it, then I know it will get trashed, all my guitars do. But I don't want to just lock it away for years.

Part of me wants me to love it and make it my own, part of me thinks if I want to do that I should just by a standard american, not use a FSR ?!?!

Pics to follow.

Wrighty

Dr. Stratster
Mar 7, 2013
Harlow, Essex, UK
So, it came yesterday. Parcel Force kindly left it outside my front door all day. Thankfully it was still there!

Its beautiful, a great colour, if a little more salmon than I expected. Plays wonderfully, the neck is really nice, smooth with nice rounded edges, the frets are in great condition. Seems to have barely been played, tiny bit of buckle rash on the back but the spring cavity cover still has the plastic film on it. I took the neck off and the body and neck stamp read may and June 2001, with the Luthiers initials, so its definitely all legit, it also has the original tag that has all the Fender QC numbers on it.
It sounds great, pretty classic Strat sounds, but here in lies my problem........

I can never leave things alone. My last 1993 Strat, I put a hotrail in the bridge, this one id really like to try to put some Ron Ellis 50/60's in, or try some Texas specials or fat 50's. Just to make the pickups slightly creamier and with a little more bottom end. However as its 1 of 100 and in such good condition I don't know whether to leave it as standard and treat it as an investment. If I gig it, then I know it will get trashed, all my guitars do. But I don't want to just lock it away for years.

Part of me wants me to love it and make it my own, part of me thinks if I want to do that I should just by a standard american, not use a FSR ?!?!

Pics to follow.

Do nothing to it but play it. Respect it for what it is, a very limited addition, untampered with and different sounding to your other Strat. Why d’you want two the same?

aadvark

Strat-Talk Member
Aug 23, 2021
Australia
if a little more salmon than I expected.
Even better. Love the colour. Get to know it as is, for quite a while... we grow into our instruments or is it vice versa - if after a while you still need to tamper, you can always change of few things and keep the old parts if you ever want to sell.

Despite my having a number of beautiful vintage instruments, I really discourage anyone from buying a guitar as an investment. Buy it to play it. No matter what, you'll get something like your money back in the end, but first and foremost play it and love it - that'll be worth more than any dollar/pound value.

Looks like a great axe, enjoy!
(my first post!)