Join Strat-Talk Today

2008 world speed guitar record

Discussion in 'Sidewinders Bar & Grille' started by hendrixfan, Feb 10, 2009.

1. hendrixfan

hendrixfan Senior Stratmaster

2. ArlenBucy

ArlenBucy Senior Stratmaster

That is positively insane. He plays so fast it doesn't even look like he's playing.
    Did you noticed the guy reading in the beginning couldn't read Yngwie's first name. He started to them just said Malmsteen. LOL
    That was neat though.

3. rocks

rocks Strat-O-Master

Thats because to play that fast you have to limit the movement of your fingers. The less distance you move them up and down the faster you are able to play.

4. asc67

asc67 Senior Stratmaster

How ridiculous, guitar playing is not about speed.

Speed Kills :rolleyes:

5. hendrixfan

speed has its place in guitar playing,obviously not to that extent,he is only trying to get the record,but being able to shred is something to be proud of and takes a hell of a lot of work,playing the guitar is an individuals way of expressing themselves,wheather their a shredder or pick slowly its all relavent:)

6. aznrambo481

aznrambo481 Strat-O-Master

He's barely getting a sound out of each note... even in the slowest one.

7. Poseidon9447

Poseidon9447 Strat-O-Master

Kind of reminds me of brushing my teeth.
    So playing fast is what defines a good player? It never has to me.
    It dont matter how many notes you play. The guitar needs to speak. If you want to impress me play another song. One that you need to change your left hand formation.

8. AKnight21

AKnight21 Strat-Talker

Funny how no matter what language you speak MetalHeads dress like the ones here in America. Oh and his picking hand is the one getting the work out, his left hand just moves pretty casually even when it's the fastest, not saying it's not hard to do but not to impressed just like metal drummers who think speed = great, it's all about how everything flows and sounds together.

9. DrBOK

DrBOK Strat-Talk Member

While I agree that guitar playing isn't about how fast you can go, it's still pretty impressive in my opinion.

10. midifarm

midifarm Commercial Suspension

OK that was stupid fast. It was over 5 picks per second. Not that I was overly impressed with the style or anything remotely like that, but that kid had to practice a lot to even make sense of that. Speed gets monotonous and is devoid of soul. Nonetheless give it up for the guy, he is fast!

11. Shades of Blue

Shades of Blue Most Honored Senior Member

Ok, he is good and fast...

but I could never listen to his music lol

12. hendrixfan

when these players go for records,sound has nothing to do with the speed,have a look at someone like tremonti from altered bridge,he has the chops but he uses delicate phrasing,and a wide range of pickhand/frethand tempo,lets say i can sweep or alternate pick at speed,have resonable leggatto,this dosn,t mean i shred all the time it just means i can if i feel it fits what i,m playing, have a look at Hendrix check out his pickhand and his leggato,but he doe,snt play at breakneck speed its all about balance and for mehaving the ability to play fast is another string to my bow.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.