Join Strat-Talk Today

2015 MIM Lonestar?

Discussion in 'Stratocaster Discussion Forum' started by vicsponjr, Feb 13, 2019.

1. vicsponjr

vicsponjr Strat-Talk Member

Does anyone know if the Lonestar came in all black? black body/black pickguard/black knobs (with a rosewood fretboard ) in 2015? All I seem to see is black body with with tortoise shell. I ask because I am looking at one online and want to make sure it is all original as advertised. 2015 lone star stratocaster.png

2. Guitarmageddon

Guitarmageddon Squier Freak Strat-Talk Supporter

Welcome to the forum....

If you type in the serial number here, it will come back with a photo of how the guitar was when stock...

https://www.fender.com/product-registration/serial-search

StillAlive&Well likes this.
  3. StillAlive&Well

StillAlive&Well Senior Stratmaster Strat-Talk Supporter

My 2012 Lonestar had a 2 screw Pearly Gates in it.

4. vicsponjr

Wow thank you!!
    lone star stratocaster.jpg The photos do not match, bummer. Stock photo is the whitish color pickguard, knobs and two single coil covers. I'm guessing someone could have swapped out the pickguard, covers and knobs to make it resemble an American Special, or could have taken out the entire pickguard assembly and swapped it out for a HSS standard.HMMM Any thoughts?

5. vicsponjr

thanks, this is a 2015

6. Guitarmageddon

Guitarmageddon Squier Freak Strat-Talk Supporter

You won't know unless the seller is willing to open it up and show you the underside of pickups and electronics.....

7. vicsponjr

8. balston11

balston11 Senior Stratmaster Strat-Talk Supporter

There are 2 distinct models of this guitar and the changeover happened around 2014 so your is version 2 (which you can tell by the headstock) The pickguard should be mint green and the single coils white covered have a look here
    http://www.alston-family.co.uk/MIM SSS/indexstratrev.php

9. vicsponjr

Wow that is a lot of info! Thank you.
    I love the black on black with the HSS. I was watching a Special Edition Standard HSS that was going on sale at a couple places for $499 but now they are discontinued and the new version went up $75 from the original $599. I was trying to see if anyone still had one which is how I stumbled upon this Lone Star. American specials also come up in black on black but from what I'm reading the MIM Deluxe Lone Star may suit me better. I like the S1 switch that splits the bridge humbucker. The person I talked to at the store siad the guitar had the push button on the volume switch. I don't know. If I had it I would change everything out to black parts too to match my 72 Custom Tele LOL. I think I have an addiction here and I can't even play a full song yet!

10. zimbo

zimbo Strat-Talker

Had one and sold it. Didn't care for the single coil pickups. Texas specials with too much hum.

vicsponjr likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.