3 songs you love but can't stand listening to

cmm71

Strat-Talk Member
Apr 25, 2010
Spokane, WA
If I'm understanding the intent behind this thread, I love Pink Floyd's "Wish You Were Here"...but I fricken' hate that there's always someone in the room quick to exclaim "this song reminds me of (insert missing loved one here)". I know why Roger Waters wrote that song, I know the story. Its so cleverly written it speaks to every one of us that has lost someone. Some people feel so strongly about the song that there's no room for the rest of us to feel anything. It's made me hate it.

jrbirdman

Senior Stratmaster
Platinum Supporting Member
Silver Member
Feb 3, 2016
Puget Sound
If I'm understanding the intent behind this thread, I love Pink Floyd's "Wish You Were Here"...but I fricken' hate that there's always someone in the room quick to exclaim "this song reminds me of (insert missing loved one here)". I know why Roger Waters wrote that song, I know the story. Its so cleverly written it speaks to every one of us that has lost someone. Some people feel so strongly about the song that there's no room for the rest of us to feel anything. It's made me hate it.

And, it's probably NOT the best song ever written. better check the internet on that one

Jason D

Senior Stratmaster
Jan 30, 2016
Fulton MO
Anything that plays on the classic rock station. Led Zeppelin has an entire catalog of absolutely classic music and all we get on the radio are 3-4 different songs? Totally stupid.

My 3
Stairway
All Along the Watchtower
Jack and Diane

There are so many more. Basically, it’s just classic rock songs that I’ve heard 10 million times since I was a kid.