3 songs you love but can't stand listening to

Discussion in 'Sidewinders Bar & Grille' started by jrbirdman, Oct 6, 2021.

1. of this world

of this world Senior Stratmaster

Blaming the song for mass marketing’s over-saturation seems mis-directed. And frankly if this is just a thread about played out songs, well then you all have some ‘splaining to do cuz a lot of you are the ones that act like no other music, broadly speaking, but 70s guitar rock standards ( eg stairway, hotel Cali, and SOTW) matters or is even any good. But really who listened to it too much? why yes the very ones complaining. I haven’t heard smoke on the water since I graduated high school in 1980. Reminds me of my uncle Frankie (RIP) who in 1971 when he was 17 (and a darn good drummer)famously ate a whole can of chocolate frosting (canned frosting had no right to exist in the first place- it’s practically a petroleum product) and got sick. Never ate it again. Pity. Good chocolate frosting is a blessing - he should’ve ruined peppermint schnapps for himself like everyone else did. Who cares if you never drink it again?

Last edited: Oct 7, 2021
  2. Neil.C

Neil.C Most Honored Senior Member

Mine are not rock orientated. In fact we rarely hear '70's rock on British radio.

Brilliant songs but overplayed.

Pretty Woman - Roy Orbison

Good Vibrations - The Beach Boys

Stuck in the middle with you - Stealers Wheel.

SalvorHardin likes this.
  3. SalvorHardin

SalvorHardin Strat-O-Master

First two, sure. But, Stuck in the Middle is one of the few songs where I can fake slide playing pretty half-assly. Fun, and it drives my bass player mad.