Gary Davies

Strat-Talker
Oct 16, 2014
Cornwall, UK
I couldn't resist responding even though this is an old thread. This Strat sure polarises opinion and seeing as it features nudity (albeit painted by Pamelina H), that's why part of the case candy included a red satin modesty cover. The slinky red satin body cover and drawstring bag offered dealers the choice of displaying the guitar as usual, or covered by the “chastity bag” if they thought the nude Marilyn exhibited in her full glory might offend some customers. Behind the scenes after inspecting a prototype Jim Petersen (Playboy) asked John Page if Pamelina H could redden Marilyn's lips. His actual words were, "Could you have Pamelina do for the lips what she did for the XXXXXXX?” I hope those XXXXs have kept this post within the guidelines! :)

Village Idiot

Strat-Talker
Jun 13, 2022
Scottsdale
I have to write, the nudity concerns are odd 🤨 It’s an artistic nude image. Would a picture of Michaelangelo’s David be banned as well 🙄 Geeze.
Anyway. I knew someone that had one about 10 years back. I never played it of course, but It was a fantastic looking instrument. He purchased it in Vegas for $9K and I have no idea if he still owns it. Custom anything is very personal, but it will sell. If I had to guess? Between $5-10K if patient.

HSH Classic Vibe

Strat-Talker
May 29, 2022
Republic of Squierland
Variation on the same theme.
1656251265375.png
Hate to keep this thread going, but without the writing on the body and with the right inlays, I'd love that Strat!

And yes, the other one is one of the most hideous guitars I've ever seen -- and I had a crush on Monroe as a teen. Leo must have been rolling in his grave.

I do have a book recommendation for anyone who likes that guitar:
1656251216665.png

Ebidis

Providing the world with flat bends since 1985
Nov 14, 2013
Alabama
I have to write, the nudity concerns are odd 🤨 It’s an artistic nude image. Would a picture of Michaelangelo’s David be banned as well 🙄 Geeze.
Anyway. I knew someone that had one about 10 years back. I never played it of course, but It was a fantastic looking instrument. He purchased it in Vegas for $9K and I have no idea if he still owns it. Custom anything is very personal, but it will sell. If I had to guess? Between $5-10K if patient.
Are you seriously comparing Playboy to Michelangelo?

Gary Davies

Strat-Talker
Oct 16, 2014
Cornwall, UK
I see the OP disappeared a few days after he asked the question back in October 2019. :) PS I also see there's a Playboy Strat on ebay in the UK for £7,995 (British pounds).

Last edited:

Wrighty

Dr. Stratster
Mar 7, 2013
Harlow, Essex, UK
I have come to possess from a family member, an instrument that I wish to find a comparable for purposes of monetary evaluation.
This 40th Anniversary Playboy Stratocaster, #082 of 175, 1994 has never been played, tuned or out of the Fender gig bag which is encapsulated in a hard shell case complete with all plastic bag enclosed certificates and documentation, and a custom Playboy leather strap. Condition immaculate. Family lore is that it was accepted as a form of payment due to a sporting event obligation.
Any information greatly appreciated, it is not for sale, as it has a amazing piece of art work of Marilyn Monroe embellishing the black top.
Thank you in advance.
One doesn’t fully comprehend your requirements from the elongated text therein.
I suspect that you are a lawyer and nothing good ever comes of answering a lawyer’s questions.

Wrighty

Dr. Stratster
Mar 7, 2013
Harlow, Essex, UK
First, it's a legitimate factory Fender Stratocaster, the very reason this forum exists.

Second, it's not a photo, it's a hand painted work of art.

Third, it's got a censor bar, so there is nothing to see here.

Forth, I'm naked in all those guitar pics I post, and I only get positive PMs from those who enjoy my reflections.
Of course you only get positive PM’s from those who enjoy them, they’re hardly likely to send negative ones are they? I bet both the positive ones were balanced by hundreds of negative ones! 😄😄😄😄😄😄

Gary Davies

Strat-Talker
Oct 16, 2014
Cornwall, UK
One doesn’t fully comprehend your requirements from the elongated text therein.
I suspect that you are a lawyer and nothing good ever comes of answering a lawyer’s questions.
Well if he is a lawyer I guess that makes perfect sense, because the guys at the Custom Shop used to call certain of these guitars "doctor/lawyer" guitars. 😄😄😄