5 Used Strat models compared

Discussion in 'Stratocaster Discussion Forum' started by Tone Deaf, May 22, 2020.

1. Jason D

Jason D Senior Stratmaster

I’ll be honest, I did not watch. I only have my phone right now, so what’s the point, ya know?

I have said numerous times that I think it is the golden age of guitar. Even cheap models are so darned consistent now, and the quality and sound is amazing with even the cheapest options. I’m glad there are very workable options for people who can’t spend the money for a mid to top level instrument. It’s unbelievable what a couple hundred bucks can get you now.

Stratbats and Thrup'ny Bit like this.
  2. Wound_Up

Wound_Up Strat-O-Master

I only use a phone, so what's the point in using an actual computer? Why go sit at that big, lunky thing when I have it all right here in my hand, playing it through a Sony surround sound system that blows those tiny computer speakers away?

There's plenty of points. Lol

Isn't that the point? It's called consistency. If you're looking at 5 stock, unmodified Strats, I'd hope they sound the same. If not, Fender has wasted the past 70 years for nothing.

Last edited: May 24, 2020
  3. Wound_Up

Wound_Up Strat-O-Master

Sorry. Dbl post.

4. Jason D

Jason D Senior Stratmaster

So you are going to buy a blue tooth surround sound system for me? Cool! As far as Fender having 70 years experience and the ability to make a consistent product in the lower price ranges...well, that wasn’t necessarily the case until pretty damned recently.

5. Anacharsis

Anacharsis Strat-Talker Strat-Talk Supporter

They all sounded good. I've goth three American Professionals and a 2000's MIM Standard. They all sound good. It's all about the particulars - music you're making, amps you're using, and what you like to hear when you play.

6. Wound_Up

Wound_Up Strat-O-Master

No. I don't even have one of those. Why would I buy YOU one? Lol! What I do have is a $30 Google Chromecast and a nice, albeit not exactly brand new surround sound system.

You pull up YouTube, hit the "cast" button in the corner to put it on your TV, then hit the surround sound. Done. All for $30 as long as you have a TV and a standard surround sound system.