Warmoth.com ad space available darrenriley.com Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups ad space available Reilander Pickups

Warmoth.com ad space available darrenriley.com Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups Guitar Pickups Reilander Pickups

Warmoth.com ad space available darrenriley.com Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups Guitar Pickups Reilander Pickups

Join Strat-Talk Today

'55 strat

Discussion in 'Pre-CBS Strats (before 1966)' started by Adam Wolfaardt, May 18, 2017.

1. Adam Wolfaardt

Adam Wolfaardt Strat-Talker

Jan 2, 2017
    France
    I've been after an ash '50s strat for a while and it seems this one might be available. Neck and body refin. Any of you ever see such a beautiful piece of ash?

Attached Files:

Tomas83, Michelotti and dueducs like this.

2. StratoTerr

StratoTerr Senior Stratmaster

Jul 21, 2011
    Lewes De.
    Whats the provenance ? The grain looks wrong for the time in general, tho it is a one piece. Even refinished it must be big $ s.

3. jofish

jofish Strat-O-Master

Aug 28, 2015
    Hull, UK
    Wow! No, never seen ash quite like that, that front is so striking.

4. Forum Sponsor Sponsored posting

5. Adam Wolfaardt

Jan 2, 2017
    France
    A friend of mine who knows vintage guitars better than most has a lead on it. I have no reason to doubt it's authenticity. He knows the seller well. The price is very reasonable actually, mainly because of the planed fingerboard and filled holes in the head. My mate has tried it and he says the neck is still plenty thick

Attached Files:

6. T Guitar Floyd

T Guitar Floyd Strat-O-Master

Oct 27, 2014
    Arizona
    I'd say, go for it! :cool:

7. Adam Wolfaardt

Jan 2, 2017
    France
    Gotta sell my Les Paul. I gave it to a dealer mate to sell for me a few weeks ago so hopefully the planets will line up

50watt and T Guitar Floyd like this.

8. mutato

mutato Senior Stratmaster

Jul 10, 2007
    RI
    That grain on the front is gnarly. Meaning it doesn't seem like it was meant to be a natural finish. Or like this is showing. Was it originally a solid color?

9. Adam Wolfaardt

Jan 2, 2017
    France
    It was sunburst. It still has the original paint in the worm route