Discussion in 'Stratocaster Discussion Forum' started by stevie keys, Jan 13, 2021.

1. Paperback Rocker

Paperback Rocker Do it or screw it.

An American badass

stevie keys likes this.
  2. stevie keys

stevie keys New Member!

I guess more just wondering what the real market value is. As I said I bought it from a friend and was just wondering how good if at all the deal was. Either way wont affect the friendship, but I am just curious what the experts have to say

Id imagine due to the condition, it would be worth less according to the market than say a perfectly mint one, or one even less beat up, but to my tastes this condition is much more desirable, so whos to say what value even really means. I don't plan on selling this any time soon so the figure is meaningless. maybe im just trying to stimulate a little conversation

anway thanks for the kind words fellas

Last edited: Jan 14, 2021
    StummerJoe and Cerb like this.
  3. Cerb

Cerb Anti conformist reformist

Yeah but I figured he must have paid something for it so he should have an idea about the value...

4. Cerb

Cerb Anti conformist reformist

Ah, that makes sense. The Reverb chart posted above is a good indication. Think that the top price is a mint one, never touched and with allnits case candy. The bottom one doesn't have all original part and might be routed for a floyd or some such thing. Then interpolate from there.

I too prefer them slightly beat up, that usually means they are at least decent players, the bad ones stay in their cases. The best guitar I've played is my 1977 strat, it's comsmetically... not great :D I got it cheap.

5. stevie keys

stevie keys New Member!

I started off with the guitar by itself, so finding all the other stuff was a lot of fun. like piecing together a really expensive puzzle haha

Cerb and stratobiker like this.
  6. stratobiker

stratobiker Senior Stratmaster Gold Supporting Member

That’s it, you have the real deal now. If you sell that beauty you will be cursed and condemmed to a lifetime of remorse.....wishing you hadn’t.
    I would love to hear a little demo of how she sounds, and if your Rhodes was part of the demo that would be the icing on the cake. Enjoy your guitar.

PS - I had a Strat that I bought new in 1979, a three bolt with cast saddles. Just before I moved to France in 2007 I put all of my guitars up on ebay. My plan was to let fate decide, and keep the last one. The 79er was first to go. I wish I had never sold that guitar.....I even tried to buy it back. I’m cursed.

stevie keys and Cerb like this.
  7. stevie keys

stevie keys New Member!

Never! I'll see what I can do. They sound great together

stratobiker likes this.
  8. EyeLikeTortoise

EyeLikeTortoise Strat-Talk Member

Why don't you start by telling us what you paid and we'll tell you if you got ripped off or not. Regardless, very cool Strat.

stevie keys likes this.
  9. stevie keys

stevie keys New Member!

so far about 4000 after all the other stuff too

EyeLikeTortoise likes this.
  10. EyeLikeTortoise

EyeLikeTortoise Strat-Talk Member