87 MIJ STRAT

Discussion in 'Stratocaster Discussion Forum' started by JoeyJoJo, Aug 2, 2020.

1. JoeyJoJo

JoeyJoJo Strat-Talk Member

Howdy,

It's a rainy day here in toronto and decided to bust out the camera to take some shots of my MIJ Strat. Couldn't find many detailed images of similar models so I figured I'd post some of mine. The ceramic pickups are swapped out for ssl-1 duncans. I changed out the string trees, not sure how I feel about those but I wasnt a fan of the black plastic ones that came stock.

Love this guitar, just wanted to share

DSC_2253.jpg DSC_2256.jpg DSC_2263.jpg DSC_2264.jpg View attachment 416916 DSC_2267.jpg DSC_2271.jpg DSC_2272.jpg View attachment 416921

Attached Files:

2. Jerseystratfiend

Jerseystratfiend Strat-Talker

The more pics of 80s MIJs I see, the more I want one...

JoeyJoJo likes this.
  3. rafasounds

rafasounds Senior Stratmaster

Wonderful! Love the color. These models, although a little different from the vintage specs that I prefer, have a charm of their own, and I like the truss rod adjustment at the heel.

JoeyJoJo likes this.
  4. stratfanGB

stratfanGB Strat-Talk Member

I think I have almost the same identical strat. Question Joey...your pickguard seems almost mint green with age. Mine has stayed mostly white in color as well as the volume/tone knobs. Why would that be?

I also replaced the PU's with 57/62 custom shop and the string trees with vintage butterfly ones. I also love this guitar. The neck is sooo smooth!

JoeyJoJo likes this.
  5. JoeyJoJo

JoeyJoJo Strat-Talk Member

Ha funny, I added quite of blue to the midtones and hilights of the images so that's what that would be. It's pure white, maybe has tinged a bit but not much!

6. Seamus OReally

Seamus OReally Senior Stratmaster Silver Member

I had a 1980s MIJ Strat that was a wonderful guitar, but I sold it and a bunch of pedals and stuff to help finance the purchase of a digital piano.

7. mutato

mutato Senior Stratmaster

Love it! I bought a 1986 brand new MIJ Contemporary Strat. I had it for years and then got tired of the locking trem design. I wish I had bought the standard. I would have kept it forever!