a departure from my strat...

Discussion in 'Stratocaster Discussion Forum' started by fast_frets, Oct 26, 2006.

1. fast_frets

fast_frets Strat-Talk Member

ok, so i've been listening to a lot of peter green, michael bloomfield, bluesbreakers with clapton, ect... and i'm thinking it would be cool to have a les paul in my collection. while i do favor strats over any other guitar, i was thinking about an epiphone les paul. anyone have experience with them? is the quality of the epiphone models good? i'd rather not drop $1800 for a real les paul standard just to have access to that les paul sound. what can you tell me??

2. rowdy27

rowdy27 Strat-Talk Member

Best deal I found on a nice axe is the Godin Exit 22.
    I think even epi's are over-priced copies of LP!
    Try a Fender MIM Strat Upgrade with 2 Humbuckers?
    I love mine.

3. rowdy27

4. Stratopastor

Stratopastor Strat-Talk Member

It's funny, I've been thinking the same thing !
    So I've been on the search for a good LP Copy. There is a guitar that is called "Agile"
    and they have LP copies for extreemly low prices. Go to www.rondomusic.net and check it out. I know, I know it will sound to good to be true. But its worth a look. Once you find a model you like then type in Google "Agile Al-2000 Harmony. You will see a lot of reviews on this model that are really positive. I've never bought an instrument sight unseen in my life but this will be my first time. First I need to sell a couple items. This particular model is only $199.00 plus shipping.

5. rowdy27

6. rowdy27

or buy "used" from local shops or classifieds.

7. fendrguitplayr

fendrguitplayr Strat-Talk Member

I know someone that bought an Epiphone LP and he is very pleased with it. I haven't had a chance to play it yet, so I can't give you my opinion.