a new medication

nungesser

crash into your windshield of love
Apr 28, 2014
Ireland
believe it or not, my liver is perfect.
and i drink about a gallon of water every day.
I have a blood problem to much iron and I had my liver checked about two years ago for the first time in my life, I have been drinking since I was 13, I thought this is not going to be good, but despite my overwhelming feeling of dread all was fine

heltershelton

Vivamus libero Vivamus duris
Jun 5, 2013
Texas
I have a blood problem to much iron and I had my liver checked about two years ago for the first time in my life, I have been drinking since I was 13, I thought this is not going to be good, but despite my overwhelming feeling of dread all was fine
the docs said the meds im on are actually harder on the kidneys, but the water helps with that.

Gonflyn

Strat-O-Master
Apr 7, 2020
Minneapolis
last march the docs wanted to put me on some stuff called entresto and take me off lisinopril, only at the time i had no prescription plan and couldn't afford the stuff.
well, i had a recent video call with one of my docs and asked to be taken off as much medication as possible, and told her i now had a prescription plan.
she sent a heart monitor for me to wear for a few days and send back....she has to analyze the data before she decides what to do. she also prescribed the entresto.
that stuff is supposed to be really good and since ive been taking it, everything has been great.
no more dizzy spells if i stand up too fast and the blood pressure and bpm have been perfect.
im sure ill need another echo done very soon. hopefully my EF has gone way up. i feel much stronger and much better.
i just want off as much of these meds as possible.

Yeah meds are a pain, seems like you get one and then they pile on another to counteract the side effects of the first one, and on it goes.

I wish with blood pressure they would say " hey let's try a low salt diet first", but they don't. Why? Maybe patients and doctors alike just find it easier to take/prescribe a pill.

Anyway, it frustrating. You definitely have to be your own advocate and do what you think is right for you.

Meanwhile, I'm going to lobby for a new law that will require that every time they prescribe something that makes you feel sh1tty they are going to have to give you some oxycodone as well.

That'll make em stop and think.

heltershelton

Jun 5, 2013
Texas
Yeah meds are a pain, seems like you get one and then they pile on another to counteract the side effects of the first one, and on it goes.

I wish with blood pressure they would say " hey let's try a low salt diet first", but they don't. Why? Maybe patients and doctors alike just find it easier to take/prescribe a pill.

Anyway, it frustrating. You definitely have to be your own advocate and do what you think is right for you.

Meanwhile, I'm going to lobby for a new law that will require that every time they prescribe something that makes you feel sh1tty they are going to have to give you some oxycodone as well.

That'll make em stop and think.
yeah, they said ive got to stay on a low sodium diet pretty much forever.
and now i have no fluid restriction, but for a pretty good while i was limited to 40 ounces of fluid per day.
that really sucked.

Gonflyn

Strat-O-Master
Apr 7, 2020
Minneapolis
yeah, they said ive got to stay on a low sodium diet pretty much forever.
and now i have no fluid restriction, but for a pretty good while i was limited to 40 ounces of fluid per day.
that really sucked.

Well good luck, you'll get a handle on it. Salt is a tough one, it's in everything processed, and tons of it.

It's unfortunately my favorite food group.

fos1

Senior Stratmaster
Silver Member
Nov 7, 2018
Texas
Good luck with the meds. I hope the docs can get you situated with the optimal dosage.

I take benicar for blood presser and Xarelto for DVT. I have been in the donut hole for most of the year.....

64 Tele

Strat-O-Master
Feb 6, 2013
NW Arkansas
I was put on cholesterol med, I was told one tablet daily. After talking to my pharmacist, she said but take it at night for best results. They do know the meds, it’s their business. And you’re right, they are overwhelmed. I believe there’s a shortage of pharmacist’s.

There's actually a surplus of pharmacists after decades of shortages. I retired at the end of April after 41 years of full time practice. It was a good time to call it "time".

Sixstringer107

Senior Stratmaster
I'm on way more meds than I want to be. I need to make major changes in my diet. Easier said than done. But I have to get in the right mindset and try before it kills me.

Lisinopril and Amlodopine for BP. Top # averages about 150.

Metformin, Glimepiride, and now injecting Trulicity for Type 2 Diabetes.

Atorvistatin for cholesterol.

Omeprisol (Prilosec) for acid reflux.

325 mg aspirin as a blood thinner.

Yeah, something needs to change. I told the pharm tech at my dr's office I would like to get off drugs and go natural. I got a blank stare.

AncientAx

Still hacking ....
Nov 24, 2010
Maryland
I'm on way more meds than I want to be. I need to make major changes in my diet. Easier said than done. But I have to get in the right mindset and try before it kills me.
150 is high ....

Yeah, something needs to change. I told the pharm tech at my dr's office I would like to get off drugs and go natural. I got a blank stare.
150 is high ....

heltershelton

Jun 5, 2013
Texas

damn...thats alot.
its not that hard to make changes to your diet....just do it. i mean, it may be tough at first, but when you start seeing the benefits and feeling really good, it will motivate you to keep going.

Baelzebub

Dr. Stratster
Nov 1, 2019
State of Disbelief

Livers are pretty resilient. Lord knows I abused the hell out of mine when younger and now every med I take has potential to trash it. So far so good...

Hope this one does the trick Kel.

Baelzebub

Dr. Stratster
Nov 1, 2019
State of Disbelief
It made my pressure way too low ..... every time I stood up I felt like I was going to pass out .... light headed and dizzy all the time , sucked big time .

I don't have any real BP issues normal/borderline HT, mostly depending on how much extra weight I'm carrying.

That dizziness happened to me the other night but for the first time it didn't just peak and then recede. Was odd because I hadn't stood up or done anything..just sitting at the desk. Took my BP 67/47 which is unheard of low for me, but the meter said that was considered normal(??).

Was back up, although lower than my average to @90/mid 60's. Still don't know what caused it.

I just want to add that I avoided a lot of different meds....for BP & blood sugar just by dropping some weight. I always ate right but the pandemic and other stuff has me more sedentary.

But pretty consistently over the years every time they told me my BP, Lipids, or A1c was borderline I'd drop 10-30 and all the numbers fell in line. FWIW.

Latest posts