A Strat Song................

Discussion in 'Sidewinders Bar & Grille' started by archiennc, Jul 16, 2007.

1. archiennc

archiennc New Member!

.............that I never thought I'd cover because eveyone else has . :)

Everybody's done it. Stevie Ray, Tuck and Patti, The Corrs, KWS-everybody. I go in GC, Sam Ash and all the young ones that aren't shredding are butchering it............but it is such a simply understated beautiful song so..........

Here's my cover of Little Wing. A whole lot of influences and some of my own colors. There is a solo break ay about 2:33 they mixed in kind of abruptly-well brighter than I actually wanted it to but I'll fix that in the mix a little later. I liked the solo-don't know about the distortion patch used-oh well. Check it out! Comments appreciated and expected. Here's the link:

Musically Mr M @ SoundClick Click the music link then play the song, "Little Wing"

It's been awhile since I last posted here so I'm hoping to really get a chance while on vacation to get back here a little more often. I really like this forum :)

Guy Named Sue likes this.
  2. thunderbyrd

thunderbyrd Strat-Talk Member

arch: i thought it was gorgeous! i liked it well enough that i'm gonna steal a lick or two from it, i think i heard a short octave passage i liked alot...

the skanky distortion tone worked as a good contrast to the rest of the song, you probably ought to leave it like it is.