Join Strat-Talk Today

A Strat Song................

Discussion in 'Sidewinders Bar & Grille' started by archiennc, Jul 16, 2007.

1. archiennc

archiennc New Member!

.............that I never thought I'd cover because eveyone else has . :)

Everybody's done it. Stevie Ray, Tuck and Patti, The Corrs, KWS-everybody. I go in GC, Sam Ash and all the young ones that aren't shredding are butchering it............but it is such a simply understated beautiful song so..........

Here's my cover of Little Wing. A whole lot of influences and some of my own colors. There is a solo break ay about 2:33 they mixed in kind of abruptly-well brighter than I actually wanted it to but I'll fix that in the mix a little later. I liked the solo-don't know about the distortion patch used-oh well. Check it out! Comments appreciated and expected. Here's the link:

Musically Mr M @ SoundClick Click the music link then play the song, "Little Wing"

It's been awhile since I last posted here so I'm hoping to really get a chance while on vacation to get back here a little more often. I really like this forum :)

Guy Named Sue likes this.
  2. thunderbyrd

thunderbyrd Strat-Talk Member

arch: i thought it was gorgeous! i liked it well enough that i'm gonna steal a lick or two from it, i think i heard a short octave passage i liked alot...

the skanky distortion tone worked as a good contrast to the rest of the song, you probably ought to leave it like it is.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.