A Stratocaster is better than a Les Paul because?

Discussion in 'Stratocaster Discussion Forum' started by Stratafied, Sep 8, 2021.

1. Stratafied

Stratafied Most Honored Senior Member

It’s a real riot..

2. Green Craig

Green Craig Senior Stratmaster

Just like my bass:
    [​IMG]

Stratafied likes this.
  3. Stratoskater

Stratoskater Fuzz Meister General

Dude, jebus Christ you keep talking about that. It’s not about mentioning Gibson, PRS, Jackson or any other brand. The guy asked for advice about picking between some Strats and you posted how after trying a Strat and LP you liked the LP better. That is not helpful to the OP of that thread, he never talked about a LP.

I don’t own any Fender guitars, my “Strat” is a PRS Silver Sky and my favorite guitar is my Gibson R8. No one here cares and pretty much everyone here owns or at least likes non Fender guitars.

Stratafied likes this.
  4. Stratoskater

Stratoskater Fuzz Meister General

Um the Beano album. :eek:

Ebidis and Stratafied like this.
  5. ZlurkCorzDog

ZlurkCorzDog INMATE #7XX7XX7

We'll get there folk's, not to worry.

proxy-image - 2021-09-18T191853.228.gif

Kester and Stratafied like this.
  6. Stratafied

Stratafied Most Honored Senior Member

My mistake.

Stratoskater likes this.
  7. Ebidis

Ebidis Providing the world with flat bends since 1985

That's really weird, considering that the Telecaster was created before the Les Paul and the Stratocaster.

8. Bowmap

Bowmap I nose a thang or two. Platinum Supporting Member

You almost look good in hose and pumps.

9. Thrup'ny Bit

Thrup'ny Bit Grand Master Curmudgeon

There you go again, spoiling yet another thread with facts. Pull yourself together and remember where you are...

Wrighty, Ebidis, Stratafied and 2 others like this.
  10. ZlurkCorzDog

ZlurkCorzDog INMATE #7XX7XX7

Stand in double.

proxy-image - 2021-09-18T191944.004.gif
    This is me.

Ebidis, Bowmap and Stratafied like this.
  11. dspellman

dspellman Strat-Talker

Gibson botches reissues regularly. Because they don't reissue the guitar they're supposedly reissuing; they're offering something different, and sometimes underwhelming. They offered a bunch of interesting guitars in the early '90's, none of which the "Gibson Customer" found particularly appealing. Gibson and Gibson Marketing have traditionally suffered from cranial-anal implantation.

They offered a version of the ES-335S (solid body) that was spec'd *under* the cheapest one they produced in 1981. I would have loved one that was just *above* the best spec (there were actually supposed to have been nine different versions of that guitar, and Gibson released four [three?], none of which was a top end spec), and I had the money. But no. So that one died.

I would have loved a copy of the MIII that had the same electronics, etc. But they didn't offer that. Instead, they produced some guitars in 2013 with the same general body shape in "cool" colors. And left out the important bits.

I would have loved an issue of the Les Paul MIII version (HSH pickups, five way, mini switch). But no.

The L6S reissue came with a larger headstock (a good thing), a wider nut (a good thing), but with ordinary pickups and the electronics weren't the same.

They reissued the NightHawk, but I really wanted a Nighthawk Custom (cloud inlays, three pickups, fancy top). NOoooo. The closest they came was a version put out by Epiphone. Absolutely not the same. What Gibson offered was a stripped-down Nighthawk. No.

They've farted around with an occasional very limited reissue version of the L5S, but it's always been odd. No carved backside, only a single pickup, etc. Never a full-bore reissue.

Gibson has released reissues of the '59 Les Paul, but none of them measure up. On the other hand, folks in their garages routinely crank out copies of the '59 that experts have to get all squinty at to confirm that it's not an original. Slash played counterfeits on AFD, but Gibson hasn't been able to copy those, either.

Gibson has, actually produced some really special guitars -- one such was the original Neal Schon signature guitar (around 2005?) with rearranged controls, smooth neck heel, Floyd, Sustainer, Sustainer Intensity pot, Sweepable mids cut pot, etc.. They made 35 of them in a "pilot" program, and at ten grand each they sold out in minutes (and it's nearly impossible to get an owner to unclutch one at any price). You can't get Gibson to *build* you one at any price. Instead, they pissed off Schon, who left for PRS.

Stratafied likes this.
  12. dspellman

dspellman Strat-Talker

Yeah, the old MIII LP could/can. HSH pickups, five-way, single mini switch, lightened body (the core of it is balsa wood).

Gas4Strats and Stratafied like this.
  13. RustyPango

RustyPango New Member!

Im a pretty scrawny guy, not exactly super strong. I love my epiphone les paul custom, it sounds amazing and its a dream to play with but I use it more for studio work where I can sit down with it because I get really sore if I need to use it standing for extended periods of time. My player strat is lighter, what I prefer sonically with my vox ac15c1 amp, and takes my pedals really well. Being in college, my strat is just easier to carry on long walks at the campuses I play at. For how I use each guitar the stratocaster is just superior for my current situation.

Stratafied likes this.
  14. Wrighty

Wrighty Most Honored Senior Member

Been a drummer for 50 years…………………………..must just be ugly!

JB74 likes this.
  15. Wrighty

No, it’s a Lescaster. Or a Stratpaul. Not sure if it’s genuine, would need more pics.

Bowmap and Stratafied like this.
  16. Wrighty

Interesting, does that make it a crossbreed?

17. Wrighty

Never mention Eric in vain

Antstrat likes this.
  18. Wrighty

I forgot where ‘there’ is about 50 posts back.

ZlurkCorzDog likes this.
  19. Davey76

Davey76 Strat-Talk Member

It’s the delta spawn. It’s Mutating.

Textele likes this.