Acoustic sound hole recommendation

Jason D

Senior Stratmaster
Jan 30, 2016
Fulton MO
I’d like to throw a sound hole pickup in my acoustic. It is not rigged up with a jack or anything like that. Is there a kit or easy way to add an input jack along with the pick up? Most sound hole pickups I’m seeing have a lead that plugs into the amp, but I’d like to be able to plug into the guitar like any other electric or acoustic that already has the electronics. Anyone have advice on this? Thanks everyone!

Synthezoid

New Member!
Jul 18, 2021
United States
Well, can't speak to not having a lead, but I used to have a Dean Markley promag soundhole pickup that I adored. Forget the exact model, it wasn't the bottom of the line, it was the next one up, dark brown finish at the time.

Jason D

Senior Stratmaster
Jan 30, 2016
Fulton MO
All these are good recommendations. I think for what it want at a good price Bob the Builder might have knocked it out of the park.

Danny D, that pickup you linked looks amazing. Might be a little more than I want to spend right now though. Not sure.

Nadnitram

Most Honored Senior Member
216927437_10220653895199188_950261494711490327_n.jpg

Scott Baxendale

Most Honored Senior Member
Gold Supporting Member
May 20, 2020
Athens Ga
I’d like to throw a sound hole pickup in my acoustic. It is not rigged up with a jack or anything like that. Is there a kit or easy way to add an input jack along with the pick up? Most sound hole pickups I’m seeing have a lead that plugs into the amp, but I’d like to be able to plug into the guitar like any other electric or acoustic that already has the electronics. Anyone have advice on this? Thanks everyone!
You can wire any soundhole pickup to an endpin Jack to eliminate the wire dangling out of the soundhole. We do this all the time and charge about $40-50 for the parts and labor.

CigBurn

Total Hack
Jun 22, 2014
Same Shed Different Day
I put an endpin jack into my fender acoustic, wired it up to a pickup I had laying around and made a steel bridge saddle that connects to the ground as well. Works well and suits my purposes very well.