Age sucks

Discussion in 'Sidewinders Bar & Grille' started by ryunker, Apr 11, 2021.

1. StummerJoe

StummerJoe Senior Stratmaster

^^^THIS!!!^^^^ I had a LOT of PT after I broke my back. Took me a minute but I wised up and took pain meds an hour before going. No therapist that I know of wants you to be in pain but if you push yourself it will hurt.

Wishing you a speedy recovery.

2. Caddy

Caddy Strat-Talker

I consider myself fortunate that at 74 I have never been ill, never had to be on any meds, still very active and agile. Have walked my two dogs about 2 1/2 miles every day year ‘round (through rain, sleet, snow and sub zero temps) since I retired 14 years ago. Only days I have missed was about a week after hernia surgery 4 years ago. Also play golf 4 or 5 times a week in season and still shovel snow and mow the lawn, etc.

Hoping for a great and speedy recovery for you.

StratMike10, ryunker and StratUp like this.
  3. jrbirdman

jrbirdman Senior Stratmaster Platinum Supporting Member

Remember when we couldn't to get older...

4. Wrighty

Wrighty Most Honored Senior Member

The worse most depressing thing for me, apart from physical degradation and forgetting stuff, is that when someone tells me ‘d’you remember so-and-so who used to live on si-and-so,? well, he died last week’. Not so long ago it would have been someone quite a bit older than me, a friend’s father or grandfather perhaps. Increasingly it’s someone who was about my age. Yeah, age sucks, but I don’t care for the alternative which is getting ever closer. I’m gonna live for today and enjoy life!

Miotch, ryunker and duzie like this.
  5. StratUp

StratUp Strat-O-Master

I had an older friend, WW II vet. Amazing and storied guy. Lived to 94.

When he was about 90, another old guy we both knew passed away. I asked him if he wanted a ride to the wake. He said "I'm done going to funerals; been to too many".

It was a sobering thought of what the future holds, even if you do well yourself.

Miotch and ryunker like this.
  6. ryunker

ryunker Senior Stratmaster

57 is not so bad, but the 55 thing a few years back, lost all of my filters between my brain and my mouth. Ruffled more than a few feathers there.

7. ryunker

ryunker Senior Stratmaster

that's great similar here, snow yard work and three dogs. At work I am an Automotive tech, lifting tires etc... still, but have to say I wont be doing this forever. Retirement date has been set for many years Aug 10 2024, just a bit over 1,210 days to go.

What part of Indiana are you in? considering moving to Lafayette.

8. Chicago Matt

Chicago Matt Strat-Talker

Being 57 sounds good to me. Fortunately, at 71, I'm still playing and active with a great family and great friends. On planet Earth this is all temporary, so I try to savor it.

The best advice I can give is, keep moving (especially with your PT), keep doing, make the most of every day one at a time. Don't worry about the future or the past. We may not have the first, and we can't change the other.

ryunker likes this.
  9. jtoomuch

jtoomuch Senior Stratmaster Silver Member

Hope you recover well. If you get old enough stuff happens.

10. BlurgyWurgyWibble

BlurgyWurgyWibble Strat-O-Master

I got rammed by a drunk driver in 2016. Tore all the ligaments in my left hand (wheel whiplash).
    I thought I'd never play well again. I was *devastated*. Be strong dude. You'll get back to your best in time. If you need some inspiration check out Django with his two fingers and all those fellas that play with the feet!

Stevn likes this.
  11. Stevn

Stevn Senior Stratmaster

Carry on my wayward soldier!