Warmoth.com darrenriley.com Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups

Warmoth.com darrenriley.com Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups Guitar Pickups

Warmoth.com darrenriley.com Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups Guitar Pickups

Join Strat-Talk Today

Alfa Romeo Oh My

Discussion in 'Sidewinders Bar & Grille' started by Lonn, Mar 19, 2017.

1. Lonn

Lonn Administrator Staff Member Strat-Talk Supporter

Jul 6, 2014
    Gone
    Admin Post
    These new models are unbelievable.

[​IMG]

Tazz3, corywrx, felis and 5 others like this.

2. Uncle Jimmy

Uncle Jimmy Senior Stratmaster

Aug 22, 2011
    Connecticut
    I have always loved Alfas. I had a friend in high school whose father had the dealership in CT-- he always had the coolest cars! Another friend used to race them.

abnormaltoy likes this.

3. Stormy Monday

Stormy Monday Lost Soul Strat-Talk Supporter

Jan 19, 2011
    red barn, USA
    I saw one last week leaving Amelia Island. Gorgeous! I run the numbers to see if a divorce would be worth it.. :cool:

4. henderman

henderman Most Honored Senior Member

Dec 4, 2013
    largo,fl
    I used to work on a Doctor owned Alpha convertable that was immaculate. Do not remember the exact model or year, late 60's I think -

It has a header on it from the factory with dual carbs and is a bigtime boogie machine. Everything about the car is well thought out and the quality is thru the convertible.

abnormaltoy likes this.

5. 8T_BoCO

8T_BoCO Aspiring Stratospheric Stratitician Strat-Talk Supporter

Mar 2, 2016
    Colorado
    This new Quadrifoglio is a class-beater ($70k+ performance car) -- all the auto journalist commentary I've heard is that they love it.
    The motor is effectively a Ferrari California ($200k) twin-turbo V8 minus 2 cylinders. At the last minute, they decided it should only have an auto gearbox.

What will be interesting is its reliability as a used car in 3-5 years. Alpha didn't have a great record for reliability the last time they sold cars in the U.S.

nuculer terrist and abnormaltoy like this.

6. Robins

Robins Dr. Stratster Strat-Talk Supporter

Dec 22, 2010
    Germany
    They look absolutely outstanding but the built quality is really substandard.
    I love how they drive, I really love the engines and the design is always another level.
    If they only learn how to build the ****.

Life is good,
    Robin

7. Lonn

Jul 6, 2014
    Gone
    Admin Post
    I'm guessing their reliability issues are in the past.

savofenno and abnormaltoy like this.

8. Sarnodude

Sarnodude Senior Stratmaster

Sep 26, 2015
    Mukilteo
    What the world needs are Italian-designed cars that are built with Japanese parts. Kind of like my '93 MR-2, which basically a Ferrari Dino with a Turbo.

9. tealsixtysix

tealsixtysix Senior Stratmaster Strat-Talk Supporter

Aug 30, 2015
    Massachusetts USA
    They are getting great early reviews. The Quadrifoglio is an amazing car end to end. But I have already heard stories (more than one) of them quitting abruptly in traffic. Rather than buying an early one, I'd wait a bit.

abnormaltoy likes this.

10. Fred Phuque

Fred Phuque Strat-Talker

Nov 24, 2016
    Nashville, TN

I wouldn't count on it.

Nick Evans, carver, Neil.C and 2 others like this.

11. Rogue Bohemian

Rogue Bohemian what? WHAT????? Strat-Talk Supporter

Jun 4, 2010
    Bacliff by Galveston bay
    I sold a 1990 Alfa Romeo Spider to go to the Petaluma Roguestock last year.

s5tuart, albala and abnormaltoy like this.

12. s5tuart

s5tuart ...... Strat-Talk Supporter

Aug 8, 2011
    Bedford, UK
    I call myself an experienced driver, but I've never owned an Alfa Romeo! I don't think I ever will now! :(

I did have a Lancia Delta Integrale a long time ago and that was a beast! I wish I still had that one! :D

felis likes this.

13. Uncle Jimmy

Aug 22, 2011
    Connecticut
    Way, way back a long time ago I had a Jaguar XK150. Noved the heck out of it, more problems than you can imagine. It was a '59 that I bought in 1967 from a friend's dad who hadn't taken the best care of it. It ate fuel pumps. All you had to do was open the hood and just look at those Solex carbs and it would be out of tune. Took every cent I could scrape up to keep it on the road. But O, it was glorious in the highway.

Nick Evans and s5tuart like this.

14. lammie200

lammie200 Strat-Talker

Apr 25, 2016
    San Francisco
    I hope that FCA survives and Alfa does well. I own a FIAT 500 which has been completely reliable for 4 years now. I do think that FCA's CEO is considering pulling the FIAT 500 model from US imports though. Full efficient small cars just aren't preferred by US consumers. The used electric version of the 500 sells for pennies now. Too bad it doesn't have a 200 mile range, and I don't think that FCA is working on a redesigned electric 500 that will have a longer range.

15. Uncle Fiesta

Uncle Fiesta Senior Stratmaster

It should look good, after all they've just copied the BMW 3 series.

liltimmy likes this.

16. newplayeroldguy

newplayeroldguy in the wind Strat-Talk Supporter

May 12, 2015
    north and east
    I'd want performance and reliability. To me, that says made in the US, Germany, or Japan. There is no arguing with how beautiful some Italian cars are, but I'm not sold on their reliability.

17. Lonn

Jul 6, 2014
    Gone
    Admin Post
    If you can afford that car you can afford the mechanic to keep it on the road. Just like the old Jaguars.

s5tuart and Jigglebone like this.

18. Mr C

Mr C Senior Stratmaster Silver Member

Feb 17, 2016
    New Zealand
    I love Alfa's and have had quite a few over the years, an old 175, 156 GTA, GTV spider, 2 159s and the missus had a 147. All excellent reliable cars and in every way just as a good as the Audi I have now. they always worked out really cheap to buy and run versus equivalent quality German cars too. The old 156 GTA was by far the best driving 4 door I've driven.

savofenno, lammie200 and jimyjazz like this.

19. Uncle Jimmy

Aug 22, 2011
    Connecticut
    Lonn, I bought my xk150 for $800 in 1967. Spent more on upkeep than I did buying it. Had to go.