All Parts Strat Necks???

Discussion in 'Stratocaster Discussion Forum' started by LaquerLicker, Dec 13, 2021.

1. LaquerLicker

LaquerLicker Strat-Talk Member

What do you guys think about all parts necks? I’ve got a Bloom Doom reliced strat build I’m finishing up and am considering an AllParts Strat neck. Any insight?

2. Intune

Intune Senior Stratmaster

I’m a huge fan of the Allparts necks. Of all the aftermarket necks I had/have, Allparts is the only one that gets the strat headstock almost correct. The 12 Allparts necks I had only maybe 3 of them needed some fine tuning to the frets. The rest I’ve never had to do anything.

Danny D, Geoff06 and LaquerLicker like this.
  3. of this world

of this world Senior Stratmaster

i like them. excellent value. and i dont mean good for the price... they're good... and they have a nice price...

Danny D, Geoff06 and LaquerLicker like this.
  4. LaquerLicker

Hello again lol I’m the one that posted about the AO 60s neck I was gonna out on my body. But man 700$ is a lot for a nitro over poly neck. So I’ve considered all parts due to the fact their are a couple vendors on reverb that sell reliced or NOS versions

of this world and nickmsmith like this.
  5. Bladesg

Bladesg Funk Meister Silver Member

Great necks. I have 2 on partscasters and they’re great, no issues and frets were perfect right out of the box.

of this world likes this.
  6. LaquerLicker

Awesome, I plan on going through a vendor on reverb “1950s Finishes” not a huge fan of his heavy relics. But he does do NOS or light relics that are great with already installed fender vintage tuners. 250-300 thinking it will look nice

7. Intune

Intune Senior Stratmaster

Yeah I hear, however those AO necks are 100% nitro finished. The bodies on the AO are nitro over poly not the necks.

8. dbb541

dbb541 Senior Stratmaster

All Parts necks are great. I've probably bought 4 or 5 in the last two years. 3 were really good and needed minimal setups. Mainly sharp fret edges and a slightly tall fret here or there. One had a fret that was way tall, I was really surprised it was sent out like that, it took a little extra time but not a big deal. Most the ones I ordered didn't come with nuts, so I had to do that. I have bought some with nuts before, they were fine, I think I slotted them a little lower but not much was required. I've ordered the with maple, rosewood and ebony boards. I think I like the ebony the best, nice and dark.

3bolt79 likes this.
  9. uncle daddy

uncle daddy Strat-O-Master

Hosco come from the same factory and are cheaper with proper medium jumbo frets. The 2 I've had are marginally fatter than the All parts ones I tried. I like the All parts vintage tall frets too, so I have both.

vid1900 and 3bolt79 like this.
  10. Swamp_Thang

Swamp_Thang Strat-Talker

I don't think you can buy Hosco in the USA because they aren't licensed by Fender.

11. nutball73

nutball73 Senior Stratmaster

I only use Allparts necks. You can see the precision with which they are made as soon as you pick one up. All they need is finishing, a nut, and smoothing of the fret ends (rolling if you like). I've never needed to do any levelling or other fret work with an Allparts neck.

And they do ebony fretboards, which are my favourite.

12. possumkiller

possumkiller Strat-Talker

Allparts are one of the best unless you're after a CBS style neck. Their CBS headstock is a bit off and they have the wide 12th dot spacing with smaller dots and only do a veneer fretboard on the 62 style neck.

13. uncle daddy

uncle daddy Strat-O-Master

They do a nice bound neck too, but it's tiny frets and 7.25" radius. No good to me.

vid1900 likes this.
  14. possumkiller

possumkiller Strat-Talker

They also do not do any customization. For instance, they do a veneer fretboard on the SRO62 so they obviously have the capability to do it on other necks. However, when I asked if they could do it on the LRO neck they said they do not do any customizations and have no plans to update specifications.

15. Ebidis

Ebidis Providing the world with flat bends since 1985

That only matters on necks that use Fender's headstock shape.

16. ToneRanger

ToneRanger Most Honored Senior Member

Another fan of AllParts - I have 2 strats with their necks and they are really great - beefy, SRV style:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Jeepocaster and Geoff06 like this.
  17. helliger

helliger Strat-Talker

I’ve purchased two necks from (I believe) the same vendor. One jazz master neck and one tele neck.

both necks were really nice. Frets were level and nut was good (they use graph tech I believe) I did smooth out the fret ends a bit but they weren’t bad and that’s easy to smooth out. Don’t need to be a Luthier or anything.

The reliced gotoh tuners were destroyed in their relic process though. Don’t know how they reliced them but seems like they just dropped them in muriatic acid or something. The gears in a few tuners were pretty much hosed. I ended up buying tuners that are reliced by Gotoh and those work fine.

if it’s the same company it’s a good deal. You can also tell them you want tuners or don’t want tuners and they’ll adjust the order. Unless it’s new tuners I’d pass on the relic ones.

i also had them predrill the holes on both the tele and jazz master and they fit the holes on MJT bodies perfectly. Maybe I was lucky but holes matched up perfectly and neck was properly set.

18. Mr Jagsquire

Mr Jagsquire Strat-Talker

I put one of their 'fat' Rosewood ones on my project Strat. It's a very full neck at 1" deep all the way along. I did round over the fret ends as they were a little sharp, but otherwise very nice once I'd sprayed it with tinted nitro and fitted a bone nut. I did eventually take the finished guitar to my usual guy for a fret level and crown, just to make it 'perfect' but I could have left it as it was and saved the money really.

As delivered:
    Allparts heel.jpg

After spraying with tinted nitro:
    Neck 14.png

On the guitar:
    Garden 3 EDIT.jpg

From behind ('lightly aged' Fender vintage tuners that I polished up a bit more as I thought they looked too aged when they came):
    Garden 8.jpg

Last edited: Dec 14, 2021
    Danny D likes this.
  19. afireinside

afireinside Strat-Talker

I have a Nitro FAT Maple All Parts that i tossed onto my old AVRI body. Love it! For $175 its amazing

20211129_094150.jpg 20211129_094156.jpg 20211129_094213.jpg 20211129_094222.jpg

Danny D likes this.
  20. fezz parka

fezz parka fezz parka

TMO Fat. My favorite Tele neck.

Danny D and nadzab like this.