All Parts Strat Necks???

Discussion in 'Stratocaster Discussion Forum' started by LaquerLicker, Dec 13, 2021.

1. nadzab

nadzab Play Don't Worry Silver Member

I have TMO-FAT on a MIM Standard Tele...it's fantastic. FAT is not an inaccurate description...

2. LaquerLicker

LaquerLicker Strat-Talk Member

That’s awesome dude, how do you feel about the .79 x .55 frets. I’m a bender and that’s the o oh thing I’ve been worried about

Mr Jagsquire likes this.
  3. beerbelly

beerbelly Strat-Talker

Although they weren't Strat necks, I've used them on 2 builds and really like them; you can really see & feel the quality. Arkansas Music Works ships them free, and shows photos of the one you're buying.
    Keep in mind, I believe they're all heel adjust if that matters to you.

Screen Shot 2020-06-14 at 7.13.31 AM.png IMG_0940.JPG

4. Mr Jagsquire

Mr Jagsquire Strat-Talker

The frets are fine: I do plenty of bending, but I'm used to a wide range of frets and radii so I'm maybe not the person to ask: My JV has very small vintage/narrow frets, I've got 'medium jumbo' on Gibsons, vintage/tall on some Fenders and whatever Rickenbacker fit to the recent 330 model.

They felt a bit more 'speed bump' than my JV when swapping between them I guess, though I did get my usual guy to do a light level and crown just to make it perfect...didn't really seem much different afterwards, so it wasn't strictly necessary. I don't play with a very low action and typically raise it up a bit when I get my guitars back from him.

5. MT Poteet

MT Poteet Strat-Talker

I've had one since 1986, still my favorite guitar, in large part due to the neck.

6. ThreeChordWonder

ThreeChordWonder Senior Stratmaster

Check out Mighty Mite necks. $100 to $130 depending on spec.

I've used five, so far, and have never been disappointed. Some fret sprout for sure, but other than that no issues at all.

Avoid the no name ones on eBay. I bought one advertised as a Tele neck, but it came with a Gibson scale length!

Staticaster likes this.
  7. Staticaster

Staticaster Strat-Talk Member

Just curious, if Allparts necks are so great why do the decals say "Fender?"

8. azlarry

azlarry New Member!

I am looking at AllParts strat-style necks that are reliced by a vendor on eBay. I want to get locking, staggered tuners but I don’t trust myself to do any drilling for the standard Fender tuners with guide pins, etc. Any suggestions for locking, staggered tuners that would work with the AllParts 0.340” tuning hole diameter?

I found a HipShot product that has a plate connecting all of the tuners to avoid drilling, but it is for 10mm holes …

9. Staticaster

Staticaster Strat-Talk Member

I’ve installed Fender staggered locking 2-pin tuners on several necks. It’s not that tough to line up the pegs, gently mallet an impression, and precisely drill for the pins on necks with modern diameter peg holes already drilled. Takes around 20 minutes.

Why do you want to begin with a neck with vintage sized holes? Stew-Mac had vintage tinted necks complete with a fitted nut for $120 just a month ago.