Amazon 8 Day Prime (Rant)

Discussion in 'Sidewinders Bar & Grille' started by Stratbats, Jun 12, 2021.

1. Tone Deaf

Tone Deaf Most Honored Senior Member

With our Amazon Prime, I get 2 day shipping, and occasionally overnight - if items are in stock.
    I ordered something the other day but apparently will not be in stock until mid-July.

2. Dougeryb

Dougeryb Strat-O-Master

Just to play devils advocate... The supply chain is still broken, and transport hasnt recovered. Tremendous shortage of truck drivers right now. The aftershock of Covid is still wreaking havoc in nearly every link of the supply chain. If it aint an organ on ice beeing sent for transplant , then I can live with the wait.

On the flip side... Amazon is a business that I chose to join due to their great shipping times. If they cant meet my needs, which I originally signed up for, then they had better make things right!

Btw, you are sooo lucky your Sweetwater shipments take only a day or two. PNW, direct opposite end of the country, it takes 4+ business days.

Stratbats likes this.
  3. Namelyguitar

Namelyguitar Most Honored Senior Member Silver Member

Depending on location, 2 day. It works here and in this non-city we see the Amazon delivery trucks all day long.

4. nadzab

nadzab Play Don't Worry Silver Member

That's not Devil's advocacy, that's just the current reality.

5. omahaaudio

omahaaudio Senior Stratmaster

JJ119 likes this.
  6. JJ119

JJ119 Senior Stratmaster

Seems to me that the Hub Centers are where things get held up.

JMO
    YMMV

7. StratoMutt

StratoMutt Most Honored Senior Member

Eight days?! Unacceptable! Must be your location. No fulfillment centers or delivery hubs nearby?

Sweetwater varies for me, but is reasonable.

I think Amazon deliveries in my part of the Philly 'burbs are all done by them. They are always my last resort for buying. Non-Prime shipping can be quite slow.

I have never paid for Prime - I just wait for them to offer up the free 30 day deal. Nothing of real value for me. I did want to see the The Grand Tour and the newer Borat movie. Their video and movie selection is not great. Glad I did not pay.

Their Prime shipping has been fast. The next day was common. Twice the items arrived early WITHOUT notifying me. One larger item sat outside my house overnight as I had not idea it had arrived. I have a near constant trickle of pedestrian traffic walk by with no packages stolen.

Even though I loath Amazon I found myself buying stuff for the fast shipping alone. F'em!

Last edited: Jun 12, 2021
    Stratbats likes this.
  8. StratUp

StratUp Senior Stratmaster

Mixed for me. Some stuff has been right on schedule. Other stuff gets a day added to delivery right after you order. Some stuff pushes out a few days with no explanation, just a missed shipping and then new delivery date. Got one package in a day that was supposed to be two; one in six days that was supposed to be two days.

9. Antstrat

Antstrat Most Honored Senior Member

Same here. Sometimes when delivery date is 4 days out it shows up sooner. Overall I’ve only had great experience with prime.

Baelzebub likes this.
  10. Stratbats

Stratbats Senior Stratmaster

I think I need to point out that Amazon waits 5,6,7 days to MAIL out my Prime buys. Once they send it out, it takes 3,4 days to get here. This is what is driving me crazy. I have an order from last monday: 6 days ago. Prime. And it has yet to ship! This is why I called... They could not give me an answer as to WHY it has still not shipped. (It is a pile of regular books.) This is a repetitive thing. But I have decided to cancel my subscription when it comes due. At peace. :)

StratoMutt likes this.
  11. StratoMutt

StratoMutt Most Honored Senior Member

:thumb:

That is how the few non-Prime shipments I order go for me. A period of no action, then it starts slowly making its way here. No doubt to prod those on the fence to ante up their $120.

Stratbats likes this.
  12. Baelzebub

Baelzebub Dr. Stratster

I'm in the boonies outside of Wilmington and I think stuff gets here in a reasonable amount of time. I'm rarely in a hurry for much and all that tracking stuff is like wearing a watch (which I stopped doing 40 years ago). Just a source of stress. It's gonna be what time it is, and it's gonna get here when it gets here whether I know anything about it or not.

Now the lady is a different story. She's stalks the freaking UPS guy with some GPS app and then questions him why he was in the neighborhood 2 hours ago and then drove across the county and came back...lol.

RaySachs, Stratbats and madmtnmotors like this.
  13. RaySachs

RaySachs Senior Stratmaster Gold Supporting Member

We stay in Kure Beach, our daughter and her family live in Carolina Beach. I don’t consider three days unreasonable at all. But when we’re home near Philly, it’s so freaking immediate, we do kind of get used to it. I have seen those live map tracking things a few times. Kind of a trip. UPS and Amazon both do some version of them, sometimes. I don’t think I’ve seen it in Wilmington…

-Ray

Baelzebub likes this.
  14. Cyberi4n

Cyberi4n Strat-O-Master

**** Amazon. Seriously. I refuse to use them

Stratbats and StratoMutt like this.
  15. Wound_Up

Wound_Up CUSTOM USER TITLE Silver Member

2 day shipping doesn't automatically apply to anything they sell. Just FYI. Not sure if you knew that.

It has to be supplied by Amazon first of all. If it's not, there's no question that it doesn't apply. And it has to say 2 day shipping in the shipping area when you order it. If it doesn't, you don't get it. It's that simple. It ALWAYS gets to me in 2 days when it shows 2 day shipping. ALWAYS. Any time it's not listed before I purchase the item, I don't get it. It's really that simple.

Lately, I haven't seen much 2 day shipping offered. Likely because they have orders backed up that still need fulfillment before mine. In that case, it might be a day or 2 or 3 before it ships. Not much you can do except ***** and complain.

Last edited: Jun 13, 2021
  16. Dadocaster

Dadocaster Dr. Stratster

It's neat that they singled you out for totally different processes and policies than they use for their millions upon millions of happy customers. You should stop patronizing them.

17. Nadnitram

Nadnitram Most Honored Senior Member

Must depend on where you live relative to a warehouse. Sometimes the UPS guy is standing on the front steps with my item waiting for me to order it.

Stratbats likes this.
  18. Wound_Up

Wound_Up CUSTOM USER TITLE Silver Member

I guess it never crossed your mind that you're not the only person making an order at Amazon, huh? You understand there could EASILY be 5, 6, or even 7 days worth of orders that still need to go out BEFORE yours, don't you?

But since you have prime, yours should go out now, huh? Despite the fact that there's 140k orders ahead of yours.

Come on, man.

19. Cyberi4n

Cyberi4n Strat-O-Master

I think the point is that if you are paying for a service it’s not unreasonable to expect to receive said service. Otherwise they’re taking the mick out of you

StratUp and Stratbats like this.
  20. 33db

33db Senior Stratmaster

But all of you love your Amazon accounts, you can't do without them, so cry away because Amazon doesn't care how you feel, you aren't going to leave.

Cyberi4n likes this.